Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Poll _How often do you train to failure??

How often do you train to failure??

• Total voters
on every set always. ill lift till I can't get another rep, lower the weight rest a little and do it again.

So far im the only guy that voted "Never"... cause I train solo and it would suck trying to get 350 pounds off of my chest if I got pinned, lol. :chomp:

mr.nitro said:
on every set always. ill lift till I can't get another rep, lower the weight rest a little and do it again.
Instead you should try to start with lower wiehgt (warmup) and end with a weight you can manage on your own (working set), always increase the working set and your muscles will grow to adapt.

immortalis said:
So far im the only guy that voted "Never"... cause I train solo and it would suck trying to get 350 pounds off of my chest if I got pinned, lol. :chomp:

You dont need to attain muscle failure with heavy weights. I recently started doing my usual routine of lifting heavy weights. Then the last two sets with bench press for example I lighten the weight and do twenty five reps then immediately take off that weight and do 50 reps with just the bar. You will laugh at how funny you probably look struggling with a 45 bar but you will feel it for sure. The pumps you get are crazy the results of this I will report back later but I am hopeful and have a good feeling with this method. I always lift by myself too.

CO B-man said:
You dont need to attain muscle failure with heavy weights. I recently started doing my usual routine of lifting heavy weights. Then the last two sets with bench press for example I lighten the weight and do twenty five reps then immediately take off that weight and do 50 reps with just the bar. You will laugh at how funny you probably look struggling with a 45 bar but you will feel it for sure. The pumps you get are crazy the results of this I will report back later but I am hopeful and have a good feeling with this method. I always lift by myself too.

I've been doin 5x5 for about 4 months now. I should change it up. I usually do 275, 275, 295, 305 and 315. Lately since I have been cutting I've lost some strength and sometimes I have to rack it after the 4th rep on the last set :worried:

immortalis said:
I've been doin 5x5 for about 4 months now. I should change it up. I usually do 275, 275, 295, 305 and 315. Lately since I have been cutting I've lost some strength and sometimes I have to rack it after the 4th rep on the last set :worried:

I started doing that same thing about 5 weeks ago. No different only now at the end the last two I do one set of 25 and immediately one of 50. Like I said I can barely lift the bar when I am done. Try it one time and see what you think. My muscles on the 5x5 were rarely sore the next day since I changed and combined the two I can feel it again. I believe it is because 5x5 is moreso targetting your slow twitch muscles and by doing the light weight high reps at the end targetts your fast twitch muscles. getting both types of muscle fibers. I just started it and love it but like I said I will report back on the results some other time when I have had enough time with it if you want to know.

Top Bottom