Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Need to improve benching strength ..

Thanks guys, good info.
I won't go for the 5x5 now but I will consider it for the future.
I'll try some negatives and 3 sets 10 - 8 - 6 adding to failure.
Let's see what happen.
My chest routine is about ~18 sets, mainly flyes and db press. But I am a hell of hard gainer, I gain very clean but I have to sweat blood for half an inch !
The other option is to shave myself, I would look bigger ! :groovy:

Thanks again for the suggestions !
Cheers.

Luciano_ said:
Thanks guys, good info.
I won't go for the 5x5 now but I will consider it for the future.
I'll try some negatives and 3 sets 10 - 8 - 6 adding to failure.
Let's see what happen.
My chest routine is about ~18 sets, mainly flyes and db press. But I am a hell of hard gainer, I gain very clean but I have to sweat blood for half an inch !
The other option is to shave myself, I would look bigger ! :groovy:

Thanks again for the suggestions !
Cheers.

Did you list stats at all? 18 sets sounds like you may be doing too much..Im all for volume but its something that needs to be worked up to and even at that it may not be suited for everyone..But i think your problem is what u said yourself, flyes are not going to give you a massive chest!

Thanks Wnt ...
I don't know what you mean with the "list stat at all" ...

I know that ~18 sets is too much, but I feel happy with them. I am trying to figure out if it's going to spoil my gains or not.
If doing too much is not good at all, then I'll cut it, but if it is the same I'll continue.
I am working to failure almost every last set of each exercise and I add little weights every week (between 1 - 5 lbs).

Remember that I am just an amateur beginner and I don't think I'll gear in the future.

Thanks again
Cheers

Luciano_ said:
Thanks Wnt ...
I don't know what you mean with the "list stat at all" ...

I know that ~18 sets is too much, but I feel happy with them. I am trying to figure out if it's going to spoil my gains or not.
If doing too much is not good at all, then I'll cut it, but if it is the same I'll continue.
I am working to failure almost every last set of each exercise and I add little weights every week (between 1 - 5 lbs).

Remember that I am just an amateur beginner and I don't think I'll gear in the future.

Thanks again
Cheers

you answered my question..lol wanted to know how long uve been lifting etc..for a beginner 18 sets is going to do more harm than good..i am not against volume but you need to start off a little lower than work up to it..being happy doing 18 sets will not make u grow..i understand your enthusiasm..i love training and wish i could do heavy squats deads and bench every day all day...but that would do more hamr then good for me..star of with 9-12 sets and really push hard..see how that goes for a while!!

wnt2bBeast said:
If you want good pecs i would stress inclines both barbell and d-bell..everyone loves the bench but its not the best exercise for pecs..i am not saying you should never bench..
what if i am using my left pec, but my right tri/front delt?

is there a way to know this or correct it?

wnt2bBeast said:
you answered my question..lol wanted to know how long uve been lifting etc..for a beginner 18 sets is going to do more harm than good..i am not against volume but you need to start off a little lower than work up to it..being happy doing 18 sets will not make u grow..i understand your enthusiasm..i love training and wish i could do heavy squats deads and bench every day all day...but that would do more hamr then good for me..star of with 9-12 sets and really push hard..see how that goes for a while!!

Ok, I'll do it .. 12 sets are going to be ok.
Thanks for the advice.

SublimeZM said:
what if i am using my left pec, but my right tri/front delt?

is there a way to know this or correct it?

:confused: not really sure what youre asking me..I mean if the bar is not mving up and down in even fashion then i guess you're overcompensating or stressing those muscles more than your chest? not really sure on that though..When benching im assuming you want to build your chest? so if you're more sore in your front delts than your pecs do you think your really getting into the chest fibers?

bignate73 said:
soreness is not an indicator of growth.

yea but soreness is an indicated of a muscle being taxed ...this proves a purpose in this discussion

Last edited:
Top Bottom