Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

my unofficial strongman training plan

Jeremys, it is a Window's Media Player file. Try doing a right click, save target as, and see if it let's you view it that way.

still won't work :(

i'll have to get the audio fixed on here one of these years

thanks b for the info

i have a crazy idea. since axle presses and log presses are in the couple of contests i was looking at, how about doing a DE and/or ME day for those?

could hook up bands, etc. and find different partials and variations for ME

sounds dangerous? just a crazy idea i thought of in school

jeremys said:
i have a crazy idea. since axle presses and log presses are in the couple of contests i was looking at, how about doing a DE and/or ME day for those?

could hook up bands, etc. and find different partials and variations for ME

sounds dangerous? just a crazy idea i thought of in school

On a strongman board, a few of my friends were discussing that we had all tried doing OHP just as we would do DE upper. It is strange...we ALL found out that we ALL had some sort of shoulder twinge from it.

The reason that they do 3's on DE upper day is because you should be able to do those 3 reps in the same time as a 1RM at a meet would take. When you do a 1RM OHP...it should only take a split second...so why do 3's? I have had decent luck doing 5x5, 3x5, and reps for my OHP.

Remember...if you want to increase your OHP you need to spend time doing your OHP exercise AND increasing your tricep, rotator, upper and lower back, and leg strength and technique.

B True

alright. thanks

did you train sunday? if so, could i get an idea of what you did?

few questions:

on overhead press, are you allowed to drive with your legs? wouldn't driving with your legs be a pushpress? I think i'm missing something

also, in strongman, what do the weightclasses look like? are they similar to powerlifting?

yes, you can and i'm guessing should use your legs, for a stronger push.

the weight classes for the contest i plan on doing is 196 and under and over is heavyweight. it's similar to the rest of the contests i've looked at. 2 classes, there might be middleweights in some

found a new contest, closer to home. about a month earlier than the other one. events are:

*Farmers Walk(100ft. one-way): Teen 100/120 each Women 100/120 each
Mens 220/250 each Masters 180/210 each
*Overhead 10” Log Press for reps(90 seconds): Teen 95/105 Women 95/105
Mens 210/240 Masters 160/190
*Yoke carry for 80 ft(90 seconds): Teen 300/370 Womens 300/370
Mens 600/700 Masters 500/600
*Tire Flip for 80 ft(90 seconds): Teen 500/500 Women 350/500
Mens 600/750 Masters 500/600
*Wheel Burrow type carry for 50ft(60 seconds): Teen 220/280 Womens 220/280
Mens 440/500 Masters 340/400

wow i'm scared. lol

The new contest doesn't seem bad at all. I like those events much better actually. But that is just me.

I trained on Sunday...but did my OHP tonight. I'll put up some vids and clips late this evening.

B True

at least this time there's no chance of a keg falling on me and killing me. i think i'd be better off in static events, but they're ALL endurance events!

hold me

Top Bottom