Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

MMA Newbie! Advice appreciated!

RaynerJ

Hey guys,

This is my first thread so I am apologising in advance for any rules I may break (unintentionally of course).

So here's my story, I've always been into fitness and what not (regularly go to the gym and very conscious of my diet) - and I've recently started training at an MMA gym, because I was told about it's intense training and how it's nearly guaranteed to get anyone into good shape (yes I know there are other factors involved in that as well!! :)). Now that I've started, I've become more and more interested in competing! My questions are as follows:
1. Have I started too late?? (I'm nearly 24, no martial arts background)

2. Is there any training i can do when I'm not at my MMA "classes" in order to give me an edge over the competition? (I train at the gym twice a week, 3 times when i don't have to work a saturday - hold a gym membership as well, and I have a heavy bag set up at home)

3. Is there a diet that will help me shed body fat whilst still being able to handle the intense training sessions?

4. Are there any supplements you guys would recommend (i'm not opposed to gear, but I've never taken any nor do I think i need to)?

I'm 5'8 (174cm) - around 171lbs (78kg). Looking to compete at 70kg (is that wise for someone my height?)

Oh before I forget, we mainly train in BJJ and Kickboxing (or some variant of it, one of our trainers was a Sanshou world champ) - our intstructors are really friendly and are qualified by means of their records and professional fighting experience. Good guys who know their stuff and don't act like a bunch of dicks who are out there to hurt those who are untrained.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Rayner

Man raynerg just do it. You can second guess yourself after your first competition, but just do it. There is an article I read a few days ago that I absolutely loved and got me fired up and I will try to find it. But, just do it and don't let any type of mental questions stop you!

Man raynerg just do it. You can second guess yourself after your first competition, but just do it. There is an article I read a few days ago that I absolutely loved and got me fired up and I will try to find it. But, just do it and don't let any type of mental questions stop you!

Thanks mate, I'm really keen to just get in there and see whether I have what it takes. Training my ass off!!! Send me the link to that article if you get a chance!

Hey guys,

This is my first thread so I am apologising in advance for any rules I may break (unintentionally of course).

So here's my story, I've always been into fitness and what not (regularly go to the gym and very conscious of my diet) - and I've recently started training at an MMA gym, because I was told about it's intense training and how it's nearly guaranteed to get anyone into good shape (yes I know there are other factors involved in that as well!! :)). Now that I've started, I've become more and more interested in competing! My questions are as follows:
1. Have I started too late?? (I'm nearly 24, no martial arts background)

2. Is there any training i can do when I'm not at my MMA "classes" in order to give me an edge over the competition? (I train at the gym twice a week, 3 times when i don't have to work a saturday - hold a gym membership as well, and I have a heavy bag set up at home)

3. Is there a diet that will help me shed body fat whilst still being able to handle the intense training sessions?

4. Are there any supplements you guys would recommend (i'm not opposed to gear, but I've never taken any nor do I think i need to)?

I'm 5'8 (174cm) - around 171lbs (78kg). Looking to compete at 70kg (is that wise for someone my height?)

Oh before I forget, we mainly train in BJJ and Kickboxing (or some variant of it, one of our trainers was a Sanshou world champ) - our intstructors are really friendly and are qualified by means of their records and professional fighting experience. Good guys who know their stuff and don't act like a bunch of dicks who are out there to hurt those who are untrained.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Rayner
Question by question
1) its never to late there are guys in the ufc who started around 24~
2) my current split is mad cow 5x5 three days a week two days HIIT training grappling six days a week muay thai training one day a week
3) Diets for shedding fat can range from full on keto diet to just eliminating fried food and snacking on empty cals
4) at this point i would suggest a simple stack liked forged burner, forma stanzol, hcgenerate and gear that will help you control your apitite give you extra energy and increase your test levels the gear will help keep protien in constant supply in your body all day
5) No sure the conversion it depends on your body fat though if you weight 170 lbs and are 5% body fat then you shouldnt drop much below that!
Hope I helped feel free to pm me!

Question by question
1) its never to late there are guys in the ufc who started around 24~
2) my current split is mad cow 5x5 three days a week two days HIIT training grappling six days a week muay thai training one day a week
3) Diets for shedding fat can range from full on keto diet to just eliminating fried food and snacking on empty cals
4) at this point i would suggest a simple stack liked forged burner, forma stanzol, hcgenerate and gear that will help you control your apitite give you extra energy and increase your test levels the gear will help keep protien in constant supply in your body all day
5) No sure the conversion it depends on your body fat though if you weight 170 lbs and are 5% body fat then you shouldnt drop much below that!
Hope I helped feel free to pm me!

Thanks for your help!! I think I'm just gonna go balls to the wall with this, I'm really enjoying the training and it's taught me so much already. I'm just a bit worried about my recovery times between training sessions, the mma sessions are pretty taxing but I guess it will all get better with time right? I was also thinking of doing a course of anavar... Would this help at all?

I hope you don't mind if I take up your offer to pm, I do tend to ask a lot of questions!

Thanks again!

Top Bottom