Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Increasing Bench Press/ What Steroid Do I Use........

el cubano

I get these two questions all the time so I figured that I'd post it. The first one I get is "How do I increase my bench press?" Well, I know that alot of people will say to lift on the straight bar and do reps til failure and so on. But what I've always done and believe is in DUMBELLS. I tell everyone to try this.......go to the gym and max on B press. Then for about a month work out with dumbells only. Use moderate to heavy weight. I like to use the (modified) pyramid where my third set is the most weight in which I can only do about 7-8 reps and the last set is the same weight as the second. Then max again (after a week of chest rest) and I guarentee that your max will increase. My reason for why dumbells is the solution.....with dumbells you are using both fast and slow twitch muscles.
(this advice is going to people who say that they hit a plateau)

Next, I'm always asked..."What steroid do I use in which no one will be able to tell I'm on steroids?" I find this a little bit humerous, but the answer is anavar, winstol, primobolan, etc. They will increase size a little, but strength will be the main increase there. Stay away from test, dbol, halo, etc. These things will bulk you up or (halo) give you roid rage. The main thing here is, read all your steroid profiles and you'll find it's common sense which ones to use for what.

Hope this helps a little bit. Sorry I didn't go into more detail, but I hate typing!!!

The secret to blowing up on a flat bench is reverse grip flat bench presses, close grip incline presses, and hammer strength machines. I went 8 weeks without touching a flat bench other than reverse grip and flies - my first week back, hit my max for 2 full without a spot. 6 months later, I max out about 145lbs heavier. By increasing overall strength to the front delts and tris while always working your chest with incline/decline presses - it works amazing. This was all before even jumping on the gas.

Razarsharp said:
The secret to blowing up on a flat bench is reverse grip flat bench presses, close grip incline presses, and hammer strength machines. I went 8 weeks without touching a flat bench other than reverse grip and flies - my first week back, hit my max for 2 full without a spot. 6 months later, I max out about 145lbs heavier. By increasing overall strength to the front delts and tris while always working your chest with incline/decline presses - it works amazing. This was all before even jumping on the gas.

Jumping on the Gas, I like that;)

:p good stuff el cubano, defenitely true... I find I can defenitely bench more after working solely with dumbbells for a while..

YUM

I am a firm believer in dumbells also Yum. My chest has come along as far as look and size since i stopped benching. Dumbells are harder to control IMO, thats why i think they are superior to the almighy flat bench.

i agree kingjohn, it has to do with that, the range of motion with db's, and the fact that each has to do the same amount of work independently.

I, personally, have a seen a great increase in bench strength since I started doing DB inclines, and flat BB bench. The combination of the two have really helped me.

Of course, that's just me.

Joker

cubano: Fiber twitch makeup varies greatly from individual to individual- for most people the majority of muscle groups don't stray too far from a 50/50 makeup of type I and type IIa/IIx fibres. The only accurate way to assess fibre makeup is through muscle biopsy; performance data can only supply sufficient information to make a vague estimate. Another thing-"fast" and "slow" twitch fibres are equal in maximal force production capacity- where they differ is overall power output (the rate at which they produce force) and speed of contraction.

When focusing on maximal strength, you want to emphasize training the nervous system. Generally speaking this means high loading intensities, lower rep ranges, and longer rest intervals. Lifting to failure should seldom be performed, because in effect it "burns out" your nerve cells and can lead to a lengthened recovery period compromising overall training volume and training frequency.

The West Side barbell method of weight training seems to be the most successfulform of maximal strength training for bench pressing (while there is Clark and Coan, they are exceptions. West Side Barbell CONSISTENTLY puts out top lifters) and other lifts-they capitalise on maximising different aspects of nervous system training.

Last edited:
Top Bottom