Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

following x reps training program

hanner SKC

has anyone here followed x-rep training? I was reading about it and it seems very interesting, according to the article it's based on reaching failure in a particular set and then perform very short movements , I was wondering if any body here got results from following this regimen.

this sounds a lot like drop sets. i will do drop sets, i like them. others think they are a waste of time. to me the important thing when you are weight training is breaking up your muscle fibers and then having them repair stronger.

Just try it and see how you like it. It is always a good job to try new training methods and programs. You will be able to take certain things from it that you like and incorporate it into future routines.

The training program incorporates the advanced training technique of partials. Basically, once you reach failure with good form, you continue to do 'partial sets' to fully fatigue the muscle past failure.

It's a VERY good technique but it can very easily cause an injury if you aren't careful. If you are doing to do partials on things like bench press, make sure you have a spotter near by.

this sounds a lot like drop sets. i will do drop sets, i like them. others think they are a waste of time. to me the important thing when you are weight training is breaking up your muscle fibers and then having them repair stronger.

I would do it as well. However it would be just a part of my workout, but not as a whole.

In my idea, you have to tackle your muscles in every possible angle, with different rep ranges. Not focus on just one.

Top Bottom