Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Fat Trouble spots, To Cut or Bulk, and training advice badly needed (long)

MbOoGiE

Sorry about the huge number of questions, was really hoping to get some really good advice to really fix up my training. i know these are a lot of questions, and it would really be arrogant of me to expect someone other than a paid personal trainer to take the time and go through this step by step with me, but a few hints, advice, and maybe some of you who might have been in my shoes in the past might have learned a few important things they might wanna share. oh well here goes:

============================

Goals are to drop below 10% bf, strength/speed/agility/endurance, and good overall athletic physique.

Stats: 19, m, 137, 5'6-5'7ish, 13-18% bf? first of all, let's ignore those numbers other than the 13-18% bf for awhile. i weigh a lot less than i look (maybe body frame/etc., i dunno), and unless i'm psychologically and mentally anorexic, these fat pockets i'm pinching right now doesn't point to someone who's really skinny.

here's some pics for visual reference:

http://mboogie.netfirms.com/Pics2/arms.jpg
http://mboogie.netfirms.com/Pics2/cap_207.jpg <-old
http://mboogie.netfirms.com/Pics2/cap_208.jpg <-old
http://mboogie.netfirms.com/Pics2/cap_300.jpg
http://mboogie.netfirms.com/Pics2/noshirt2.jpg

note, i look a bit more fatter and rounder irl. camera and lightning just agrees with me. if i can get my cam working i'll post less 'flattering' pics.

Questions:

i have fat pockets. you know what i'm talking about, all those 'trouble spots' a lot of people have trouble cutting. lower chest (around nipples and below chest =( grr), love handles, lower abs. i REALLY want to get rid of those asap, but it seems my cutting diet (CKD, less than 75g carbs, 150-180g+ protein, and lotta EFAs like natty PB, flax seed oil, fish oil caps, olive oil, 1800-2000ish cals a day, meals spaced 2-3 hours apart, about a 500-1k cal deficit a day i would surmise) can't seem to get rid of them, though it dropped me from 160 to 129 in a matter of weeks and almost all of it body fat. i'm don't really mind all the cardio i do, nor the diet, but i really want to know if theres a better way to approach this. i know all of this takes time, hell it's taken me 5-6 months to even begin to formulate a good training and diet program for myself, and i'm just getting started.

1) as you can tell from my height/weight, i'm small. would it be easier to get rid of those by continuing to cut or start bulking? will the added mass i gain help firm those trouble spots up more than cutting and cardio i do everyday?

===========================

i've always lifted pretty hard. or at least i thought i did. then after training with a powerlifer friend of mine (2nd all state in 135 weight class), my brother (physical therapist), and some gym buffs for the last few weeks, i picked up a lot of tips on what i'm doing wrong and have only lately been starting to see some good results. i could use some help splitting them up, and what kind of training i need to do for my goals. (exercises/training/daily routine/etc. listed at bottom)

2) what kind of lifting should i be doing at this moment in time? should i not be lifting as hard since i'm basically cutting, and at a 500-1K caloric deficit? i don't feel excessively sore, or weaker for that matter. i still curl/bench/squat the same, and seem to be getting gains.

i've tried to read up as much information as i can about strength training, body building, weight lifting, and just been trying to figure out how best to approach my goals the most efficient way possible. i've heard things from train only one body part a week, to two is ok if you do one of them at high reps (12-15) with moderate weights at high speed, to training your whole upper body 3x a week with one day rest in between is ok! (...)

3) so what's really the most optimal way to train for a person of my size/body mass? 1 muscle group a week, 3 exercises, 3 sets each, 9 exercises per body part total a week? split them up so secondary muscles get enough rest? could use some help =[ (weight lifting/routine is at the bottom of the page)

SUPPLEMENTS:

ECA (Xenadrine RFA-1). i had it 2 days on/2 days off for the last half of my bottle and i just today ran out. then i'm going off it for a month and a half b4 i go back on it, if i still need it for cutting (hopefully, not, and save some money so i can get some creatine and buy some good lean bulking food)

Low-Carb/Zero-Carb 100% Whey Protein in water. 75g/protein a day from this. sometimes 100g.

Fish Oil Caps and Flax Seed oil.

Vitamin B, C, D, E. Zinc 30g. Looking into getting some ALA (too expensive atm) and Glutamine.

-advice on prioritizing supplements needed too hehe-

CARDIO:

5-7 days a week. 30-1 hour a day. 30 mins Interval training, or 1 hour moderate intensity. half the time, in the morning on an empty stomach, half the time right after weight training. I slacked the last week or so, seeing as how my brother who i haven't hung out with in 6 years just started living with me again and i had to do a bunch of shit with him (ie: stay up late, go clubbing etc)

3-4 times a week, bball. 30mins-2 hours of shooting baskets and lay-up drills, and 30-45 mins half court game (varies on who shows up). if i'm lucky, we get a full court game going once or twice a week.

1 day a week, i try to go swimming. constant laps at moderate intensity for a good 20-30 mins.

WEIGHT TRAINING:

so far, 2 times a week for upper body (i should reduce this yah?), 1x for legs in between. i still haven't figured out how to split them up properly yet, but i get all of them done in a week.

Upper body:
Chest: Incline Bench x 3
Flat Bench x 3
Dumbell Flies x 3
Lats: L. Pulldown x 3
Vertical pulldown x 3
Back: Rhomboids Curl x 3
Traps: Military press x 3
Shoulder Shrugs x 3
Longbar Shrugs x 3
Triceps: Tricep Curl (overhead, i think it's called skull crusher or something) x 3
Supine Curl x 3
Shoulders:
Ant Deltoid x 3
Mid Deltoid x 3
Biceps:
Unilateral Curl x 3
Bilateral Curls x 3
Abs:
Regular Crunches x 2 to exhaustion
Weighted Crunches x 3
Leg Raises x 3

All exercises done with 60-120 seconds rest (usually me switching weights) and with the 50%/max 7-8 rep/overload (forced reps with spotter) technique.

i don't do legs that much, due to my dumbassness when it comes to leg exercises, and also to the fact that i am unable to do cardio for more than 25mins when my legs are sore as fuck. my brother still going to help me with a routine. usually squats x 3, calf raises w/ barbell x 3, that quad machine they have at all the gyms x 3, and hamstring whatever x 3. once a week is all.

REST:

slack, 5-7 hours a nite. sometimes 11 hours. it's fucked up, what can i say, i love to party late ;/
======================================

i think my cardio is pretty hardcore, which pisses me off because i still can't get below 10% bf and STILL have these trouble spots i can't seem to get rid off.

i think that's it. just to recap, and to make it easier to address the questions i got, i'll recap them here. i'm sorry if they're too newb-ish for you pro BBers :( but i've asked so many people and yet so little have given me knowledgeable answers outside of what they read from some GQ magazine or something:

=======================

1) as you can tell from my height/weight, i'm small. would it be easier to get rid of those by continuing to cut or start bulking? will the added mass i gain help firm those trouble spots up more than cutting and cardio i do everyday?

2) what kind of lifting should i be doing at this moment in time? should i not be lifting as hard since i'm basically cutting, and at a 500-1K caloric deficit? i don't feel excessively sore, or weaker for that matter. i still curl/bench/squat the same, and seem to be getting gains.

3) so what's really the most optimal way to train for a person of my size/body mass? 1 muscle group a week, 3 exercises, 3 sets each, 9 exercises per body part total a week? split them up so secondary muscles get enough rest? could use some help =[ (weight lifting/routine is at the bottom of the page)

4) could also use some advice on prioritizing supplements based on cutting and/or bulking needs. kinda strapped for cash and the $$ is really starting to matter. never knew buying food could hurt this much. =P

all advice (even the stupid ones!) is appreciatted! thanks =]

Last edited:
okay bro, I read only some of your post since it was very long and hard to read. I made a few assumptions, 1 you want more muscle, 2 these fat pockets are basically around your torso, 3 you are under the age of 30 and have never done juice, now correct me if I am wrong...

Personally at your body weight it will be hard to burn fat since you have very little muscle in the whole scheme of things (not a flame but just based on numbers given), since muscle is what directly makes our metabolism higher or slower, granted some people just have superhigh metabolisms. So my suggestion is to bulk up and gain muscle. this added muscle will make you look bigger and help boost your metabolism so when you want to cut it will be easier in the long run.

Try my old routine when I was just learning how to put on some mass.

Mon Back+Bis

Wens Chest+Tris

Fri Legs+delts+traps

I personally would cut out the cardio since you want to optimize the bulking phase, but if you really want to make it short and intense, ie... sprints....All workout should be under 1hour

Top Bottom