Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

dumbbell bench and/or db military press

thats what i do, i bring them down till they touch my chest and contract them at the way to the top. i dont squeez or anything.
but i think thats kinda the point, for my last rep i do a nice negative for as long as i can.. works out nice

TheOAK84,

I apologize for ragging on you earlier. Keep training hard bro!!

LS

Champ,

When I performed dumbbell movements, I always brought the dumbbell together at top. For some reason, the movement felt complete when I did this.

i dont bring them together, rather a few inches apart, i dont see much point in bringing them together, just a rest period

i think the important part of the movement is bringing them down as far as you can amd getting that stretch at the bottom of the movement... it seems to have helped me tremendously

for military press i make them touch... flat bench i feel it better if they don't touch... rather just straight up.

Touching the DBs at the top of a mil. press is meaningless in and of itself. It's neither good nor bad. The reason I do it is because I know that if I can touch them together, I'm getting a full extension. In other words, it's almost impossible to touch them untill your arms are nice and high.

Its a double edge sword here, If you touch them at the top it is a rsst period and takes tension off of the majority of the working muscles, however at the top of the movement is where you work the inside of the pecs. If you are aiming for definition and even bulking your inner pecs than i would touch them at the top and even put a squeeze in.

LongBall

i do both for db bench.

one with elbows out wide and touch on the top like the usual db press.

then on with elbows tucked in like a PL does and press the db's straight up to hit the tri's.

Top Bottom