Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Do I have a good base to start with?

scottlewis

Hey guys. Basically im new to this whole thing. Im 17 coming up 18. I want to start taking this more serious and I think a diet would really help. I did some measurements of my body. Im not big in size, but im quite defined. Anyway:

Chest: 41 inches
Waist: 30 inches
Right bicep: 13.5 inches
Left Bicep: 13 inches
Right forearm: 11 inches
Left forearm: 11 inches
Right thigh: 23 inches
Left thigh: 23 inches

Im 5'8'' and 62kg so I think those measurements are quite good for my height and weight. As I said im quite defined, I have a very active lifestyle which is BMX and I work out at home. Are those measurements good for my height and weight to start taking this more seriously? If anyone would like photographs just give me a shout and i'll get some soon as possible! Thanks for reading.

Scott.

Decent sized chest.

Dude give us some number like what kind of weights you work with, that will be much more helpful then measurements.

Weights... Well, I bench my bike which is around 30lbs (well balanced on either end) I usually do 3 sets of 20 with 30 second rests. I do incline and normal fly's with 5kg dumbells and usually do 5 sets of 15 with 30 second rests. I also use them dumbells for my lats and traps aswell as forearms and triceps. BMXing does the rest of my back and legs. Is this any help, sorry, I really am a noob haha.

Edit: Ive only been doing weights for a month now, im mostly built up from BMXing. Also, I eat quite a bit of junk food, so if i've gained this muscle and definition with a bad diet and no weight training, im curious as to what I could do with a propper diet, dedication and weight training.

Haha sorry man I don't know how to judge how much you can bench your bike. If you really haven't been keeping a good diet but you still think you've got a solid base then I'd like to see some pics.

Post em up.

You asked what weights I use haha. I use whats around me. Im not certain I have a solid base, that's why im asking. I'll get some pics ASAP.

we deadlift golf carts full of people around here... :evil: ...
read the training vault sticky above bro, and find a routine in it that works for you...
you have to realise, no matter how long youve been in your sport or lifting, there will always be someone better and bigger than you, unless you are a ronnie coleman or tony hawk... but you can always improve on where you are... the beginning you will see your best gains, but often it dosnt take long for them to stall, but getting stronger and bigger takes time, a long time... just dont give up...
now go pick up some heavy shit

Well here's the photographs. It's not much but it's something!

BACK.jpg

FRONT.jpg

SIDE.jpg

For some reason I have to have 25 posts to post links, so remove the space between the h and t.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just take it slow you're still young. As long as diet, correct program for your workout and healthy living, you are good to go. Good luck.

Thanks for the advice :D Im going to try my best to progress. From the pics, would you say I have an okay base to start with?

Top Bottom