Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Do carbs after lifting and after cardio? On CKD

reddick

I lift then I've been drinking 30g Protein whey and 30 carbs, and I don't count these. So do I need to do the same after cardio? I do cardio about 5 minutes after I finish lifting.

Carbs are most important after a workout, so yes, but a moderate amount.
But 30g carbs? Do you stay in ketosis with that much?

Do I count them or not?

No I have 4 grams in my whey after workout so if i had 8 ounces of gatorade after cardio which is 14 grams of carbs is that ok and do I count that?

with that many carbs, it may kick you out of ketosis. remember that you want your body to be running on its stored fat and not on glycogen (well, as little as possible anyhow). also remember that on a ckd, your main goal is to lose fat and retain as much muscle as possible so taking in carbs would just be counterproductive. a better idea would be some MCTs and some whey isolate postworkout.

yes, count ALL carbs (except fibre). it's imperative that you stay in ketosis during a ckd ~70% of the time.

I'd take 'em for sure post workout....just make sure you count the cals in your daily total. Keeping muscle is alot more important than the negligible amount of fat you won't burn.

I just came off of an 11wk ckd.
I didnt take any carbs post workout or pre. Just had some chicken afterwards.

You shouldn't be lifting heavy for more than about 2 or 3 days after your carb-up anyway (If using Mr.X's plan).
This worked well for me. I had no LBM loss during this.
(Ketones are muscle sparing)

That's how it went for me anyway.

I have been doing some research on this, and spending alot of time @ www.c-k-d.com, and they believe that 30grams of dextrose is paramount on a CKD diet if you are lifting weights, and as long as it replenishes the glycogen in the muscle that you are working out for that day, that it will not affect ketosis all that much, and allow you to get out of a catabolic state much quicker.

Tryin it next week.....Postworkout shake:

40grams of Whey isolate protein
30grams of Dextrose
10grams of creatine

M56M

M56M said:
I have been doing some research on this, and spending alot of time @ www.c-k-d.com, and they believe that 30grams of dextrose is paramount on a CKD diet if you are lifting weights, and as long as it replenishes the glycogen in the muscle that you are working out for that day, that it will not affect ketosis all that much, and allow you to get out of a catabolic state much quicker.

Tryin it next week.....Postworkout shake:

40grams of Whey isolate protein
30grams of Dextrose
10grams of creatine

M56M

what about after cardio?

Top Bottom