Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

chest and back on one day biceps and triceps the next

AAden

Hello all,

I was thinking about trying a new routine

Day1
7 sets of chest
14 sets of back

Day2
shoulders, biceps and triceps

6 sets each.

legs are done seperately.

My question is By doing chest and back on one day and arms on another. Am I giving myself enough rest in between by going back to back days?

I would recommend you do about the same amount of chest work as back work. 7 sets for chest seems kinda low. are you only working out 3 days? if so that's fine but those days are gonna be long. if you can try splitting it up to 4 or 5 days it will work out better . also after chest & back day just wait 1-2 days before you hit up arms after arms wait 2 days before you hit back and chest again . doing it this way your workouts may look different from week to week, but that's ok. ex.
mon-chest & back
tues-off
wed-shoulders & arms
thur-legs
fri- off
sat- chest & back
sun- off

you will just have to tweek it, and most importantly listen to your body it will let u know when you need more rest.

Can I ask about sets and reps? I still have a hard time with doing two major muscle groups in one day. I personally would never do chest, shoulders, legs or back on the same days. I have a day for each of them and split it with a smaller muscle group.......tris, bi, calves, forearms, abs..........

EX.
Chest/Bis
Legs
Off
Shoulders/Tris
Back
Off
Repeat

It depends on how you train though..........

Can I ask about sets and reps? I still have a hard time with doing two major muscle groups in one day. I personally would never do chest, shoulders, legs or back on the same days. I have a day for each of them and split it with a smaller muscle group.......tris, bi, calves, forearms, abs..........

EX.
Chest/Bis
Legs
Off
Shoulders/Tris
Back
Off
Repeat

It depends on how you train though..........

normally the bigger muscles get around 7 sets of 8-12 depending on how I'm feeling
The smaller muscles 5 sets of 8-12

normally the bigger muscles get around 7 sets of 8-12 depending on how I'm feeling
The smaller muscles 5 sets of 8-12

Can you break it down by exercise? Are you volume training? Are you follwing a certain type of training program?

Hello all,

Day1
7 sets of chest
14 sets of back

Day2

6 sets each.

My question is By doing chest and back on one day and arms on another. Am I giving myself enough rest in between by going back to back days?

i think you should split the big groups up better maybe like this

chest
bi's
calvs

2 days off

back
tri's

1 day off

hams/quads
delts

1 day off

my lifting buddy and I have been doing the following:
Mon - legs
Wed - shoulders and arms
Fri - chest and back

monday we do around 30 sets total for quads, hams, and calves
Wed we do 15 sets for shoulders and 12 each for bis and tris
and Fri we do 12 sets of chest and back

our fri workouts are great, and we really aren't too fatigued from wed's arm workout. of course it helps that im on monsterdrol right now. but i like the workouts. we rarely take over a minute break between sets. and we are usually done in an hr and a half. and we are both sweating like crazy when we are done.

we also do abs all 3 days. 370 reps of all sorts of ab exercises.

my lifting buddy and I have been doing the following:
Mon - legs
Wed - shoulders and arms
Fri - chest and back

monday we do around 30 sets total for quads, hams, and calves
Wed we do 15 sets for shoulders and 12 each for bis and tris
and Fri we do 12 sets of chest and back

our fri workouts are great, and we really aren't too fatigued from wed's arm workout. of course it helps that im on monsterdrol right now. but i like the workouts. we rarely take over a minute break between sets. and we are usually done in an hr and a half. and we are both sweating like crazy when we are done.

we also do abs all 3 days. 370 reps of all sorts of ab exercises.

how old are you and what are your fitness goals?

Hello all,

Day1
7 sets of chest
14 sets of back

Day2

6 sets each.

Read the stickies first, no one here can give acurate advice without knowing yours stats and training experience.

Hello all,

Day1
7 sets of chest
14 sets of back

Day2

6 sets each.

when you do chest, you are hammering your tris. when you do back your are hammering your bis. when you are doing shoulders you are hammering your tris again. then you want to lift the next day and do them all over again? think about it

Top Bottom