Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Cardio and the best time for it?

bigdog44

I here alot of people say cardio is a waste of time when done in the evenings and not first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. What do yall think, is it true i mean dont you burn the food you ate that day instead of your fat for energy. So do you think cardio is a waste at the end of the day?

bigdog44 said:
I here alot of people say cardio is a waste of time when done in the evenings and not first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. What do yall think, is it true i mean dont you burn the food you ate that day instead of your fat for energy. So do you think cardio is a waste at the end of the day?

I like doing light/moderate cardio in the mornings on a empty stomach. I get good results this way if your goal is lossing weight.

I don't think that doing cardio in the evening is a waset. Cardio is done for health reasons and not just weight loss. Cardio in the evening will still burn calories and will increase your metabolism so your body burns more calories even when resting.

I have always done cardio in the morning on an empty stomache or right after a workout.

Works for me.

I do it in the PM after work cause I sit all day...train in the am......works for me...........there's no difference.........

guards said:
I have always done cardio in the morning on an empty stomache or right after a workout.

Works for me.

when you do it right after your workout do you drink your PWO shake after the workout or cardio?

In my opinion morning cardio is great:

Kick starts your metabolism for the whole day, results usually come quickly - and when you notice results your motivation remains high.

You're more likely to burn fat on an empty stomach.

There's also the added benefit of improving mood - endorphins set you up for the day.

Of course you can do cardio in the evenings / afternoon and as buckwheat1 says the health / fitness benefits are still apparent. But in order to burn-up fat, cardio is best performed on an empty stomach (i.e. not eating approx. 4 hours prior to exercise) and for most people that's just not possible during the day.

i thought running on a empty stomach was bad for you due to ccataboic hormone cortisol?adn you are then using muscle for energy instead of fat?

i think the time that makes it feel best is in the morning on an empty stomach....... also a 10 mile run at night feels great! tough to do 10 miles on an empy stomach in the morning although 5 miles is fine

10 MILES? lol....did I stumble on the corss-country running board by mistake? Anyways, it all depends on your goals......if you arent afraid of losing a little or maybe a little more than a little bit of muscle, do it on an empty stomach.........me? I do it empty pre-contest and after work off-season.........I eat some tuna and flax (something light) maybe 1.5-2hrs before...........

I wouldnt reccomend anything above 65% MHR. You will be burning fat as long as you didnt just eat, and your blood sugar is low, and insulin is low. The times that this will happen, is upon wakeing and immediatly following a workout, before taking your shake. If you do it after your workout try to do 15-25 minutes, so that you do not miss the window of opportunity for your dextrose whey shake. Unless of course you are cutting completely.

Top Bottom