Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Cardio after lifting

Omegasox

I normally lift immediately after class, then come back to my apartment and take my PW shake over the course of 45 minutes. Then I do a little homework and go back to the gym 2 hours after my lifting session and do 45 minutes of cardio. Am I ruining my gains by going back while my body is still trying to get out of a catabolic state? Right now I'm mostly focused on cutting, but I don't want to be completely killing any gains from lifting from the cardio. Am I better off doing cardio immediately after lifting?

Probably not the best forum for this, but couldn't decide which to put it in. :)

Well if ur cutting then you will always burn some muscle. Cardio after working out may not be whats ruining gains. If you cut to burn fat ur creating a calorie deficit which would ruin gains. They usually say either bulk or cut but u cant do both at the same time.

muscelove said:
Well if ur cutting then you will always burn some muscle. Cardio after working out may not be whats ruining gains. If you cut to burn fat ur creating a calorie deficit which would ruin gains. They usually say either bulk or cut but u cant do both at the same time.

Yeah, I know I'm going to lose some of the gains. I just wasn't sure if doing cardio 2 hours after lifting was worse than right after lifting. But I agree ST, I'm usually spent after lifting and could never get through a session of cardio immediately afterwards. Thanks for the input, both of you. :)

StellarTiggy said:
people usually do the cardio right after lifting if they know they won't be able to fit it in later in the day/week/whatever...

That was me for 6 months straight... cardio right after lifting, jumping from the rack into the elliptical... drawback is that it turns your gym visits into a 2 hours deal.

BTW; my PWO shake came after cardio, not before, but only becasue I was still within the "Window of Opportunity"

Pintoca

pintoca said:
That was me for 6 months straight... cardio right after lifting, jumping from the rack into the elliptical... drawback is that it turns your gym visits into a 2 hours deal.

BTW; my PWO shake came after cardio, not before, but only becasue I was still within the "Window of Opportunity"

Pintoca

This is my current plan for summer.

Top Bottom