Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Advice. Getting strong, cut, but not bulky

acdcrox617

I need lifting advice. Here's my workouts. Monday Wednesday and Friday, I do 3 miles on the treadmill, 3X20 on bench, 3x20 on squat, 3x60 calfs, 2x20 quad extensions, 3x20 hamstring curls, 3x25 bicep curls, 3x20 triceps extensions, 3x20 on military press, a crap load of ab work, than usually I'll do some 40 yard sprints. Tuesday, Thursday, and Sat, I just do 3 miles and sprints cuz your not supposed to do the same lift 2 days in a row. Now Idk if I'm working out right or not. I'm pretty cut and lean. Wut I wanna do is be strong and be cut at the same time. I don't wanna bulk up or anything, cuz I like being cut better. But I still wanna get stronger. Do I need to do heavy weights too or what? Like wut I was thinkin was maybe do heavy weights few reps one workout, than light weight higher faster reps the next workout. Or doing like 1x20, 2x6, 1x4, and finish up with 1x20 for every workout. Idk. wuts everyones input? Remember. I want strength but to be cut and to be able to run hella fast at the same time.

Also, I'm 8% BF, 5'11", 167
I'm also doing a test suspension and winny cycle
Only 75 mg of each EOD, than I'm gonna finish with Winny solo at 100mg ED
Than a few months down the line I'm gonna do an EQ + Winny at 600mg eq EW and 100 mg WIN EOD for the second half of that cycle

I think he means 3 sets and 20 reps. Thats no way to train.

I could offer more info if i knew his age and what the diet looks like.

RADAR

bro drop your reps... i prefer 8-12 but its goal depending and remember everyone is different like a mate of mine swears by 4-6 reps 5 sets and it works for him, does absolutly nothing for me. but my opinion is your rep range is way to high. and its not really a case of use heavier weights as i cant train heavy so i just have to superset everything leaving only 30-45 seconds between sets now people around here may babble on about you cant gain training like that but hey it works for me.

bro drop your reps... i prefer 8-12 but its goal depending and remember everyone is different like a mate of mine swears by 4-6 reps 5 sets and it works for him, does absolutly nothing for me. but my opinion is your rep range is way to high. and its not really a case of use heavier weights as i cant train heavy so i just have to superset everything leaving only 30-45 seconds between sets now people around here may babble on about you cant gain training like that but hey it works for me.

Actually that does work, but like me I like to completely change routines after 4-5 months to keep the body guessing,If I'm not sore then i consider the workout wasted.

RADAR

My age is 21 for the dude who asked. And yeah I was only using about 55% of my one rep max for my sets of 20. So will upping the weight but doing like 3 sets of somewhere between 8 and 12 still get me stronger while staying cut? I do NOT want to bulk up. I just like staying cut, because that's my personal preference. Remember I run 3 miles a day and do sprints every other day as well. And my diet is clean. I eat my fruits, vegetables, fibers, protein. All that good stuff. I really eat junk food.

Once a month I will throw in high volume and speed exercises for each muscle group. The other 3 weeks, I do my normal training of heavy lifting. I'm obviously trying to bulk, but if you want to stay "cut" and strong, do the opposite. As radar says, keep ur body guessing. But you got to figure out what works for you.

drop the rep ranges to 6-15 for awhile and see how everything goes. Kepp protein high and carbs and fat moderate and you'll gain plenty of strength.

Alrighty I'll give that a try. Since I also do 3 miles a day and since I also do some 40s after workouts, I probably should not have to even worry about bulking up.
''

Top Bottom