Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Advice. Getting strong, cut, but not bulky

Even if you train heavy and do 6-7 sets and build some muscle you will still be cut with all that other volume training that you do.

RADAR

Alrighty I'll give that a try. Since I also do 3 miles a day and since I also do some 40s after workouts, I probably should not have to even worry about bulking up.
''

That! and the amount of reps.

RADAR

Ah. Okay. So wut I'm thinking that will get me stronger without bulking up is to do like heavier weights with lower reps on bench press and squat, and keep doing high reps low weight on auxiliary lifts such as bicep curls, calfs, triceps, military press, hamstrings, leg extensions ect. That in addition to running 3 miles a day and doing 40s I should stay cut and keep getting stronger and not bulking up. And gotta eat healthy of course.

Looking cut is all about diet IMO. Eat clean and lift low reps if you want to get strong.

Looking cut is all about diet IMO. Eat clean and lift low reps if you want to get strong.

Agreed.

If you maintain a clean diet, but put on more lean muscle then you will still look cut. If not even MORE cut.

As long as you aren't increasing your BF %, then you don't need to worry.

If you are putting on lean muscle mass and not fat, then your BF % will continue to drop...

1. I would lower the reps from 6 to 12 since this is usually the best range for hypertrophy. 2. Intake some form of protein directly after workout and whey or some other type of fast absorbing protein would be best. 3. To gain size add around 500+ calories and mostly protein to your usual diet and completely change if it sucks. Also, remember that muscle increases your metabolism which means you will always have to adjust. I have different views about doing cardio and weight training back to back because the strongest I have ever been pound for pound is when I would run 3 miles to the gym and then back 5 times a week. However, most people will advise not to do it. 4. Stick with mostly compound movements! Nothing is more annoying than the people who do biceps for 1 hour + in front of the mirror and have 13" arms.

yeah man it has already been said but can't be stressed enough.. your diet will determine how cut you looked. You said you love junk food, which isn't bad to cheat with during a bulk, but during a cut you don't want to eat too much junk food.

EDIT: what you were saying about high reps is a common myth. As i said, diet determins how cut you are, and lifting heavier helps you build more muscle than lifting for more reps. Therefore, you will have bigger muscles that are more cut by lifting heavy and having less BF%

Okay cool. Oh and I have a correction to make. When I said I eat junk food, I meant to say I don't eat junk food. I just forgot to put the don't. So ya my diet is pretty clean.

I do NOT want to bulk up.

I just like staying cut,

Remember I run 3 miles a day and do sprints every other day as well.

And my diet is clean.

I eat my fruits, vegetables, fibers, protein. All that good stuff.

This really tells us nothing.

If I ran 3 miles a day, did sprints every other day, and ate clean...I would never get strong or "cut". I'd wither away to nothing.

If you want to get strong then you have to DEFINE STRONG!

Strength depends SO much on knowing HOW to recruit fibers. Intelligence, not rep ranges and exercise choices.

If you want to get cut, you have to eat clean. Do the cardio for fun if you want, but not to get lean, especially if you are under 170lbs and using AAS too. Man, that hurts the wires in my head to even think about.

Still, no indication on what you eat. I could eat 5,000 calories a day and still lose weight, lots of weight, if I did that much cardio.

Top Bottom