Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

165 Weight Class

I would work your numbers up before you enter a comp. I'm weighing in at 143 and everything but my squat is a bit higher then yours. My current plan is to keep working on my strength and gain a little more solid weight and check out a few local comps.

I think the best advice I've gotten is to go to a few local meets and ask all the questions competitors/judges will stand to get some experiance, and then enter a meet when I think I'm ready.

I will enter a comp when I know I am not going to finish dead last even if I'm having a bad day so I don't get my confidance knocked down to much. If I don't do great I'll take it as a chance to gain valuable experiance (powerlifting isnt all that different then all other sports, experiance will pay off) But if I'm having a great day I might just place.

my final advise from everything I've seen is keep an eye on all the results in your area, the bigger events can bring out freaks that make you feel totally worthless (not in there attitude but ability) Start slow and work your way up.. cofidance, strength, and experiance will all add up

DaveTSI said:
your 21 right?, id say you have a bit of work to do. not bad lifts but, to be competitive i think you need to add a good amount of lbs to your lifts. 165 class their are some strong mofo's. guys your size and age are benching alot more than you dead. not trying to be a dick or discourage you, but keep at it bro!

im 20 and 185lbs-squat 545x2 and bench 355shirted and i dont think im anywhere near ready for a comp.
Bro give it a try. You've got a good squat and that is going to set you apart from the big benchers. And like I've said, it's all about who shows up.

Top Bottom