Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

yet another keto diet question

B

Burning_Inside

If ona keto diet, should you just eat whenever and whatever, or still watch your caloric intake?

i wathed my intake last time, i was easting at about 12x my bodyweight a day while trying to keep above 200 grams of protein, but i didn't lose anything, (trust me when i say i did everything right...just trust me)

So should I just eat whatever/whenever if i decide to try again, or drop the caloic intake to 10X bodyweight?

No, you can't eat whatever and whenever you want, but you can get away with significantly more calories as opposed to the typical low fat, high carbohydrate diet.

Yeah, Rudee34's right. A keto diet is not an excuse to pig out on fatty foods. I know you said you did everything right, and Rudee will no doubt disagree with me on this one, but more than 200g protein is quite a lot for the beginning of a keto diet. If you're keeping your protein:fat ratio at or below 1:3 (in other words no more than 25% of your cals from protein), then that would be at least 3200cals per day. So i'm guessing either you may have been eating too much protein=not enough fat, or too many calories (or both).

I agree with you MS. 200gms of protein is not neccessary to achieve ketosis. I don't believe I ever said it was, however adequate amounts of protein should be taken.

It's better to have 20gms 5 times a day, then to have 40gms 3 times a day, even though the first one gives you more protein/day.

Yeah thanks Rudee, I get that. I was actually trying to say that I think 200g protein is TOO much for most folks to eat while trying to establish ketosis. Sure, after a few weeks when the body is into burning ketones in preference to glucose, then you can increase your proportion of protein calories. But in the beginning I think it's important to keep protein on the low side (less than 25% of total calories). BTW burning, refresh my memory on this one. Were you trying a straight keto diet, or a CKD, or what. And can you tell us more exactly what you were eating and what supps you were using, training, cardio etc....? Pretty please. I'm sure you've spelled it out for us before so maybe you could just give me a link.....

ok MS, as you requested.

OK, i don't have a list of what i was eating on a daily basis during the the keto diet anymore. It was a ckd, I was carbing every other weekend. Now if i remember correctly, I was eating 5 times a day, and all of my meals consisted of hamburgers, cheese, and bacon/protein drinks with water/scrambled eggs/ and sometimes tuna and mayo. I was drinking a ton of water throughout the day. I was taking flax pills , 4 a day, and I would take an eca stack about 45 minutes before i went to the gym. I was not doing cardio in the morning on this diet, I was incorporating it all into a big circuit type workout. I'd start off doing 10 minutes of moderate cardio, then I'd do a circuit of high rep weights, and these circuits consisted of 3 exercises per circuit. Circuit one was bicep curl, bench press, and shoulder press. I'd do that circuit 3 times. then I'd do 8 minutes of cardio on a bike. then another circuit of pullups and triceps and calves. Then 8 more mins of cardio on an elliptical machine. Then the last circuit would be some kind of pulling motion for my back, shoulder raises, and upright rows. Then i'd do 8 more minutes of cardio. That was usually the end of the workout. Abs I would do before everything.

So that was that. i felt I was doing everything right. Apparently not though. I know I was in ketosis, cause I was using the strips. Though i seem to remember that later in the diet, for some weird reason, like on a Thursday, after carbing up only on the previous Saturday, The strip said i was still not in ketosis which boggled the hell out of me. I asked about that on here, and someone said that It happens when your body adapts to the keto diet well enough. i dunno. Well, anyway that was my routine. I would like to try it again, this time with the morning cardio and a tweaked diet, but if it doesn't work again, I will explode. You have no idea how much of a killer it is to your mental health in general to gear up all this determination for 6 weeks to do something that you believe to be the right way to do it, and then it fails, miserably. I do not want to go through that again. For once already, I just want to drop this goddamn stubborn lard. I'm about 17% BF I think. I swear I'm doomed to stay this way. Hell, even this past month, i've been getting up and doing cardio in the morning on a empty stomach and eating 6 times a day, very clean, just like tuna and cereals, bananas, etc etc. And i honestly havent dropped anything, excpet for more esteem and hope, and gained a lot more aggravation.

There still has to be a coloric deficit to lose weight. So, I would suggest dropping the calories. make sure you use flax and olive oils and try to saty away from salty processed foods like bacon, sausage etc.

I agree with Eviscerator. Also keep track of your calories and if it's taking you 4 days to reach ketosis then drop your protein, take Alpha lipoic acid and up your cardio until you are in full ketosis. Other than that, the keto strips are not fool proof so go by how you feel as much as anything. The first few days in ketosis feels very different to before you hit ketosis. And of course the keto diet may not work for you. But I'll bet if you tweak it you'll be fine.

Hmm, so if I were to do a keto diet again, should I eat 2000 cals a day (if that's my maintenance and im going to be lifting and running for exercise) or 2500 to make up for the caloric defacit from training, or eat 1500 cals? Cause I was tking in 2000 cals a day on my old keto diet, and i cant see how i would be a happy camper if i dropped the cals even more.

Also, what carb/fat/protein ratio would you reccommend?

Top Bottom