Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Yay - Guitar lessons

A guy who works at the local Guitar Center actually gives guitar lessons to kids. I am waiting for him to call me to set this up. They said he looks like an 80s rocker and the kids just love him (I lol @ that thinking and praying that Kip Winger might show up at my house in some leather pants, whatwhat)

omgomgomg But tell him to bring Eric Johnson along.

A guy who works at the local Guitar Center actually gives guitar lessons to kids. I am waiting for him to call me to set this up. They said he looks like an 80s rocker and the kids just love him (I lol @ that thinking and praying that Kip Winger might show up at my house in some leather pants, whatwhat)

The teacher makes house calls? You don't have to take the kid to a teaching studio anymore?

This sounds like the kind of teacher who will give the kids fun stuff to do on the instrument in addition to teaching them boring scales. When I was a kid the teachers were old dudes who sucked, and if I wanted to do anything on the instrument that I found entertaining, I had to figure it out on my own.

The teacher makes house calls? You don't have to take the kid to a teaching studio anymore?

This sounds like the kind of teacher who will give the kids fun stuff to do on the instrument in addition to teaching them boring scales. When I was a kid the teachers were old dudes who sucked, and if I wanted to do anything on the instrument that I found entertaining, I had to figure it out on my own.

yeah, i sure hope they keep it fun, otherwise my kid will lose interest real fast.

omgomgomg But tell him to bring Eric Johnson along.

Poor kid would flip out. Eric Johnson and Smurfy standing side-by-side, he'd be like "which one of you is my mom?"

dneq8z.jpg

IMHO when a kid shows interest in wanting to take up music RUN WITH IT!!! This will help shape their minds and thought processes in ways that other pursuits won't which IMHO is invaluable so it really doesn't matter if the child continues to play for the next 50 years or not. It will also give them HOURS of stuff to do to keep them out of places/pursuits that might get them into trouble.

I wouldn't invest in buying an instrument though until the child has enough time under his belt that they are serious enough to contribute to the cost of the intrument. I would look into renting. I don't know anything about guitars, but I know that schools will rent violins, woodwinds, etc...

Smurfy may be a cool mom (which is always good) but she most certainly is a SMART mom (which is even better).

you can get a decent guitar at a pawn shop for like 30 bucks

IMHO when a kid shows interest in wanting to take up music RUN WITH IT!!! This will help shape their minds and thought processes in ways that other pursuits won't which IMHO is invaluable so it really doesn't matter if the child continues to play for the next 50 years or not. It will also give them HOURS of stuff to do to keep them out of places/pursuits that might get them into trouble.

I wouldn't invest in buying an instrument though until the child has enough time under his belt that they are serious enough to contribute to the cost of the intrument. I would look into renting. I don't know anything about guitars, but I know that schools will rent violins, woodwinds, etc...

Smurfy may be a cool mom (which is always good) but she most certainly is a SMART mom (which is even better).
+1 Woman stop beating me to the punch on everything I wanna express...
LOL

Top Bottom