Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Would you say Clean and press is the complete shoulder movement?

Cleans are good for shoulders, but I don't think they hit the side delts at all. Front delts get hit with bench press, incline press, military press, dumbell presses, ect. Lateral raises are the only thing that will make your side delts grow, and without side delts you'll look narrow.

I might start doing this, my shoulders are my weakest muscles, which is further complicated by having thick neck and large traps for my build.

Any suggestions for rear delts? When i bent over raises i have the problem of lightweights = not enough stress on positive motion of the exercises and heavy weights = too much weight to control the movement on the negative portion. I know Ive got bad technique but after I doubt at this point its gonna get much better.

Cleans are good for shoulders, but I don't think they hit the side delts at all. Front delts get hit with bench press, incline press, military press, dumbell presses, ect. Lateral raises are the only thing that will make your side delts grow, and without side delts you'll look narrow.

bro that is BS. Its a fact that yuo cant isolate any one part of any muscle, meaning doing overhead pressing hits all 3 delt heads. Yes exercises put more focus on one part than another but saying that military press, dumbell press and clean and press dont hit side delts is wrong. Side delts are the biggest of the 3 heads so dont you think your body would need to recuit them to put big weights? Besides, dumbell presses hit the side delts hard because you dont have to bring the bar forward past your face, same with behind neck press.

and saying lateral raises are the only thing that will make them grow it kinda dumb, For most people heavy compound movements and lots of cals build muscle, otherwise people would do laterals as their main shoulder movement and you would see people with bulging front and rear delts and small side delts because they didnt do enough laterals and concentrated on heavy pressing and rowing...

I still don't think that you could just do cleans and get big side delts. I personally don't know anyone or have reasearched/watched anyone get defined/good looking side delts without doing side lateral raises. Cleans will definetly make your shoulders gain mass, but I stick to my guns that you will still need to do side raises.

Top Bottom