Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Would you eat horsemeat? Its lean and high in protein

Would you eat horsemeat if it was available like chicken, pork or beef at the store?

• Total voters
musclemom said:
Fish are not mammals, I'm no biology major but even a dummy like me knows that :lmao: Reptiles and fish are different but I live north of the mason dixon so alligator and rattlesnake aren't regularly on the menu around here ...

the only predatory fish I eat is tuna, I limit it to 4 cans a month, max, and usually less, I have a problem with the mercury, causes a rash. I eat lobster and crab maybe two or three times a year.

I'd eat horsemeat if it was: a) organic or free range; b) tasted better than beef or buffalo; c) was cheaper than beef or buffalo; d) available in the united states and fell within the parameters I've listed.

I owned horses, taught horseback riding, and will spend my life in chronic pain because of the shit horses put me through :rolleyes: they're prettier than cows, but they ain't a whole lot more intelligent, trust me.

My dumbest cat is smarter than the smartest horse, seriously.

I would never eat dogs or cats, I'm sorry, revolting. Bear meat is conceptually gross, too. I truly find the idea of eating a mammalian predator/omnivour revolting, honest to god.

so you have a problem with eating certain mammals? We are talking about the source of the protein you consume.
It can come from a variety of places. Why limit them?
I disagree with how smart horses are having raised them myself but is that a deciding factor for you is how smart you perceive an animal to be whether to consume it?

BrothaBill said:
would you have a problem eating human meat? The practice of cannibalism is or was not taboo in certain cultures, consuming the flesh of a rival tribesman some felt they would gain their energy or consume a departed family member.
Its not as prevalent b/c of the creutzfeldt-jakob disease and other prion transmission that they learned about

that is a good question
i would definately have a problem consuming human meat and i find it disgusting but here is a thought that crossed my mind

while people make food pieces of skin are left in the food becuase they do not always use gloves therefore i am sure we have eaten human remains unknowingly....

:worried:

BrothaBill said:
so you have a problem with eating certain mammals? We are talking about the source of the protein you consume.
It can come from a variety of places. Why limit them?
I disagree with how smart horses are having raised them myself but is that a deciding factor for you is how smart you perceive an animal to be whether to consume it?
No, Bill, TOXINS. I have environmental allergies, which I know conventional medicine does not acknowledge as a legitimate illness but since I live with it and I know it's real. I'm particularly susceptible to pesticides, steroids, and heavy metals.

My point about a horses stupidity (and they are very fucking stupid animals) is that why eat cows and not eat horses? because horses are "PRETTY" and cows, to most people, AREN'T. Why do people object to venison, BAMBI, c'mon.

If you deny that carnivors and omnivors are concentrating toxins then you're being unreasonable. No, I can't drag out chapter and verse, but ancient people did not eat carnivors.

But if we're going to say "you eat somethings and not others," c'mon we all have our personal preferences, I won't touch Okra, find that shit revolting too. I LOVE broccoli, could eat it by the pound, how many people don't like that, c'mon :rolleyes:

If you know where I can get free range meat for less than $4.00 a pound, hey, point me. I like venison, antelope, buffalo, had rabbit, thought it tasted like shit, frankly. Always wanted to try horse, snake and allegator, actually.

LIMITING my sources of protein is not the problem, availability is. And you do not live with my health problems, and those in your profession deny their existance and that's just a snake eating it's tail so we ain't going there :qt:

Peace, I'm not in the mood to bicker.

musclemom said:
No, Bill, TOXINS. I have environmental allergies, which I know conventional medicine does not acknowledge as a legitimate illness but since I live with it and I know it's real. I'm particularly susceptible to pesticides, steroids, and heavy metals.

My point about a horses stupidity (and they are very fucking stupid animals) is that why eat cows and not eat horses? because horses are "PRETTY" and cows, to most people, AREN'T. Why do people object to venison, BAMBI, c'mon.

If you deny that carnivors and omnivors are concentrating toxins then you're being unreasonable. No, I can't drag out chapter and verse, but ancient people did not eat carnivors.

But if we're going to say "you eat somethings and not others," c'mon we all have our personal preferences, I won't touch Okra, find that shit revolting too. I LOVE broccoli, could eat it by the pound, how many people don't like that, c'mon :rolleyes:

If you know where I can get free range meat for less than $4.00 a pound, hey, point me. I like venison, antelope, buffalo, had rabbit, thought it tasted like shit, frankly. Always wanted to try horse, snake and allegator, actually.

LIMITING my sources of protein is not the problem, availability is. And you do not live with my health problems, and those in your profession deny their existance and that's just a snake eating it's tail so we ain't going there :qt:

Peace, I'm not in the mood to bicker.

no Im not trying to bicker, I am just trying to move a discussion along by asking probing questions to flush out people's views.

The key thing I am driving at is what judgements or criteria people use to decide which animals to eat.
People make fun of Hindus for not eating cows for example or other xenophobic tendencies.

For purposes of the discussion I am trying to get past reasons people come up with to get to the heart of the matter. The issue of toxins is not what I am interested in talking about, if you like we can say just say hypothetically all the animals have been farm-raised on the same noncarnivorous diet and as I told Redguru, I want to move past issues of "taste" as a reason as well. For that matter cost, those are all variable we can control for and really are distracting and impediments to getting at the moral and ethical discussion so lets not get hung up on them

Should we allow all animals to be used for food in the US or should we make some animal meats illegal? How would you define the criteria that should be used to determine which animal meat is allowed?

hotzie said:
i ate some shit like that in el salvador ....i had the shits for three weeks

I had a friend break up with his girlfriend who was from Mexico b/c after he was intimate with her he'd have diarrhea for three days afterwards

BrothaBill said:
I had a friend break up with his girlfriend who was from Mexico b/c after he was intimate with her he'd have diarrhea for three days afterwards
lol dont eat the fish from mexico lolol

eat big said:
I would eat it maybe once or twice. That's it though. The weirdest meat I've eaten is moose or elk. Can't remember which one. It was in Aspen.

I ate some elkabobs the other night and they were great. Don't kow if I could eat horse though.

Top Bottom