Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Would you eat horsemeat? Its lean and high in protein

Would you eat horsemeat if it was available like chicken, pork or beef at the store?

• Total voters
BrothaBill said:
I wouldnt b/c we had racehorses when I was growing up, even had a racetrack in my back yard lol.
Raised them and cared for them. I could not separate my experience of raising them as a child and now eating them under normal circumstances.

But, my experience is not the norm. I am curious as to why a person would find eating horsemeat taboo and think that Hindus not eating cow is odd

We had all sorts of animals as pets and I loved them dearly too. But food is food... remember what I told my kid?

;)

BIKINIMOM said:
ABSO-FREAKING-LUTELY.

I've had venison and rabbit. I dont see how one animal is different than any other. If it tastes good to me then I would eat it. period

dogmeat1.jpg

wouldnt you be able to kill and butcher a dog with your own hands?

BrothaBill said:

Not much meat there...

Incidentally, that is what I told my daughter. She is particularly slender. I told her that I would have to fatten her up before we ever went somewhere were we might end up shipwrecked LOL

BrothaBill said:
I wouldnt b/c we had racehorses when I was growing up, even had a racetrack in my back yard lol.
Raised them and cared for them. I could not separate my experience of raising them as a child and now eating them under normal circumstances.

But, my experience is not the norm. I am curious as to why a person would find eating horsemeat taboo and think that Hindus not eating cow is odd

Dogs and horses are considered taboo by western culture because of our dependance on thier forbearing natures. I would eat it out of necessity, as a meal of final resort.

redguru said:
I've heard horse meat is tough. But I would eat it, I've eaten meat from just about any hooved animal.

what about dogs or cats, is there any animal you would not eat (I am trying to avoid the issue of taste)

BrothaBill said:
what about dogs or cats, is there any animal you would not eat (I am trying to avoid the issue of taste)

I understand cats are along the lines of foxes and and fur bearing animals like beaver for taste, so not likely. I've eaten groundhog and didn't care for it. Stringy and tough. Dogs are an unknown. I'd have to cross that bridge when I got to it.

redguru said:
Dogs and horses are considered taboo by western culture because of our dependance on thier forbearing natures. I would eat it out of necessity, as a meal of final resort.

why as a final resort? Horses are eaten in France and Dogs elsewhere and its not b/c of an out of date reason

redguru said:
I understand cats are along the lines of foxes and and fur bearing animals like beaver for taste, so not likely. I've eaten groundhog and didn't care for it. Stringy and tough. Dogs are an unknown. I'd have to cross that bridge when I got to it.

yeah, again I am trying to get past the issue of taste as most meats can be prepared to taste good by an experienced chef.
The issue I am driving at is psychological and sociological

BrothaBill said:
One of those little facts that you pick up and sticks in your heads, its unhealthy as hell to eat carnivors, every toxin THEY'VE consumed in their prey is concentrated in their tissues.

Top Bottom