Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Would you eat horsemeat? Its lean and high in protein

Would you eat horsemeat if it was available like chicken, pork or beef at the store?

• Total voters
B

BrothaBill

And please dont fuck up my thread with bringing up seals. I was curious, I was just surfing the internet about the UN and somehow got to torture on wikipedia. THey listed all of the torture methods for humans (read some) and one was starvation. So I followed that to see what info on fasting it had.
Then it had a link to taboo foods and I was reading some info on cultures and their taboos, i.e. Hindus and the sacred cow etc...

So that wiki page about taboos and forbidden foods and cultures said that in the US, Australia and the UK that horsemeat was generally taboo but enjoys popularity in other countries, i.e. France.

Its lean and high in protein like Buffalo meat, would you eat it (assuming that it tasted more or less like beef of course for purposes of discussion)??

If not, why not? Serious answers only please

I would eat it, no problem.

I've eaten shark, gator, buffalo, kangaroo, frogs, snails, squid... I have no issue eating anything if it tastes good to me.

True story:

The other day one of my kids asked me a ridiculous question. "Mami, if we were all on a deserted island and we (meaning her and her sisters) died, would you eat us?"

I looked her dead in the face and answered, "Without a doubt."

LOL

eat big said:
I would eat it maybe once or twice. That's it though. The weirdest meat I've eaten is moose or elk. Can't remember which one. It was in Aspen.

Why only once or twice, lets say it tasted exactly like beef, was leaner and half the price?

BIKINIMOM said:
I would eat it, no problem.

I've eaten shark, gator, buffalo, kangaroo, frogs, snails, squid... I have no issue eating anything if it tastes good to me.

True story:

The other day one of my kids asked me a ridiculous question. "Mami, if we were all on a deserted island and we (meaning her and her sisters) died, would you eat us?"

I looked her dead in the face and answered, "Without a doubt."

LOL

would you eat dogmeat like asians do? They raise St. Bernards to sell as tablemeat in China, how about cats?

Jdevlin1985 said:
If that was the case then yeah, absolutely.

But then saying that i don't agree with killing such a beautiful animal for meat. Thats a tough question. I think the cons would probably outweigh the pros.

Jdevlin1985 said:
But then saying that i don't agree with killing such a beautiful animal for meat. Thats a tough question. I think the cons would probably outweigh the pros.

I wouldnt b/c we had racehorses when I was growing up, even had a racetrack in my back yard lol.
Raised them and cared for them. I could not separate my experience of raising them as a child and now eating them under normal circumstances.

But, my experience is not the norm. I am curious as to why a person would find eating horsemeat taboo and think that Hindus not eating cow is odd

BrothaBill said:
would you eat dogmeat like asians do? They raise St. Bernards to sell as tablemeat in China, how about cats?

ABSO-FREAKING-LUTELY.

I've had venison and rabbit. I dont see how one animal is different than any other. If it tastes good to me then I would eat it. period

Top Bottom