Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

working out the same muscle group 2 straight days WOW

going to try this next week!.... going to need an assistant to get me arse off the crapper afterwards

Whiskey

do you do the same exact workout 2days in a row.. like same sets/reps/weight?

any variations.. I think of the top of my head like day 1 strength low reps, day 2 high reps would be cool.. not sure if it would work. I am on a pretty low volume routine right now (wendler)

any suggestions or tips.

another thought i had was since 5/3/1 is so low volume I could do something like this

mons press - squat
tues deads - press
thurs bench - deads
sat squat - bench

ok not liking that one as much.. not really back to back days

^^^ no i always mix things up. the only consistent thing is i start out my splits with compound movements.

i am a big believer in always trying to trick the muscles into growing and not letting them get used to the same workouts everytime.

Hey steve usually I do 10x3 for lagging body parts with outstanding success. But I now am thinking Ima gonna try this instead and just see how it compares for me. Thoughts?

Like steve said always mix things up.

especially for lagging parts. its best to know a few different approaches that will work well and rotate through them.

this is why i liked smolov cycle so much... 4 days a week of intense, high volume, heavy squatting anyone? :evil:
I'll be starting every workout with squats for my 5x5 which will be about every 48hours instead if the traditional Mon. Wed. Fri. Split. I'm looking forward to this. Should put a lot of mass on me

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Great work Steve! I'm glad that you listen to my segment on the radio show, spread the word my brother! :)

I did this for military presses and pull ups recently and I was really impressed. I am going to keep at this and see how well it can work for me long term.

Top Bottom