Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

when and if to take fat burners.. is my diet okay?

Ashley1980

I was wondering how and when I should add a fat burner? I hear a lot of people take them, and I see them advertised in every fitness magazine I read.... If you are eating less calories than you are burning, wouldnt you lose weight, even without them? Will a fat burner help give me energy? Do I need to be doing a lot of cardio with them? I am goign to include what I ate yesterday, I was hoping someone could critique my diet and tell me what I should modify in my diet...

Egg whites, turkey sausage, 1/2 english muffin with a little butter

sm. skinny latte' (skim milk, sugar free vanilla)
apple
few peices beef jerky

chicken breast
one slice reduced pepper jack cheese
steamed broccoli

chicken breast
spinach salad with cucumbers, onion, bell peppers, banana peppers, tomato, fat free italian. Will sometimes use sweet onion from subway.

hot coco w/ marshmellows (blah!)

Im trying hard to include protien in just about every meal?snack I eat. I feel like I usually eat pretty good...until the evening. I dont know what happsn but I seem to have no self control and will eat something sweet if its around. I realize I have to work on that...but if I take out the treats, what adjustments should I make? I have read to build muscle I need to builk, but id really like to get rid of the fat I have first, around 10 pounds. Im, F, 30yo , 5'10" and weigh 147lbs... any advice is appreciated!

So first of all welcome to Elite Fitness Forums!

After reading through your post I have a few questions and I am sure anyone else reading it would like the following things answered as well.

What are your goals? You state that you have read to build muscle you need to bulk so I would assume you want to put on some muscle? Tone up? Your weight is perfect at your height in my opinion as you are above average height for a female.

Regardless of your goals your diet is by no means bad but it could you some brushing up. From what I see you ate yesterday that is only around 1400-1500 calories which if you want to maintain your current weight is fine. When do you eat your first meal? Eating your first meal within 90 minutes of waking is guaranteed to stoke your metabolism; if at all possible (I realize for some individuals this is hard given their work schedules) eat 6-8 small meals a day.

We can give you more advice as far as diet and workout regime goes as soon as you tell us what you are wanting to achieve; also what are you doing as far as working out goes? Give us the details. You are right, 90% percent of the fat burners or any other supplements on the market are pretty much crap (There are the few that work). You are correct in saying that you can achieve that weight loss by being calorie deficient.

With a little tweaking to your diet and such I think you should be able to achieve your goals easily.

Thanks for the reply!
Im considered thin by many, but I dont have any muscle, Id like to lose the fat and put on muscle, and have that "toned" look yes :) I have a fat thighs and a gross gut and that muffin top that has got to go. Im I size 6/7 yet, I swear ALL the fat that is on my body seems to be in my gut/hips and thighs..its gross! I try and eat 1500 cals a day. I always seem to blow it in the evenings though, with sweets. I am not losing, but not gaing either. I am currently trying to get myself in the habbit of going to the gym three days a week again, starting Monday. I want to make sure my diet is in check though. I do eat in the morning, usually within the hour. :)
So first of all welcome to Elite Fitness Forums!

After reading through your post I have a few questions and I am sure anyone else reading it would like the following things answered as well.

What are your goals? You state that you have read to build muscle you need to bulk so I would assume you want to put on some muscle? Tone up? Your weight is perfect at your height in my opinion as you are above average height for a female.

Regardless of your goals your diet is by no means bad but it could you some brushing up. From what I see you ate yesterday that is only around 1400-1500 calories which if you want to maintain your current weight is fine. When do you eat your first meal? Eating your first meal within 90 minutes of waking is guaranteed to stoke your metabolism; if at all possible (I realize for some individuals this is hard given their work schedules) eat 6-8 small meals a day.

We can give you more advice as far as diet and workout regime goes as soon as you tell us what you are wanting to achieve; also what are you doing as far as working out goes? Give us the details. You are right, 90% percent of the fat burners or any other supplements on the market are pretty much crap (There are the few that work). You are correct in saying that you can achieve that weight loss by being calorie deficient.

With a little tweaking to your diet and such I think you should be able to achieve your goals easily.

Top Bottom