Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Whats the deadliest martial arts.?

Kali/Escrima. Its one of the few arts that still remains true to its original combative history. You learn weapons simultaneously with empty hands. I've been doing martial arts for over 24 years and have yet to find a style that's more effective in real situations on a regular basis. Were I to choose a single art to study, it would be Kali/Escrima without hesitation.

Look at it this way. How many other styles will have instructors with knife scars from actual death matches?

Kickboxing is great for basics, which is what the majority of fighting actually is. Any grappling (Sombo, JiuJitsu, Wrestling) art will be mediocre at best against multiple attackers. A traditional art (Hwa Rang Do, Shaolin, Tai Chi) won't really compliment your kickboxing training very well. Pressure point fighting (Ryukyu Kempo, etc.) is good, if you have a couple decades to dedicate to it. Krav Maga is good but its the method of training, not the techniques. Its very basic but trained at a high intensity. Like I said, I would suggest Kali/Escrima, but make sure you find a credible instructor and not someone that's just arbitrarily swinging a stick around.

I saw a couple of articles years back about the "dog brothers" and some real pics about their training with Kali/Escrima impressive stuff indeed, but also nuts, it all depends how bad you want it!

I saw a couple of articles years back about the "dog brothers" and some real pics about their training with Kali/Escrima impressive stuff indeed, but also nuts, it all depends how bad you want it!

The Dog Brothers do Pekiti Tersia Kali. There are thousands of "styles" of Kali in the world, but its all in how you train. That's why Krav Maga, being fairly basic, is so effective. It's the intensity level you train at.

See, the thing with grappling (JiuJitsu, etc) is that you can essentially train "full contact" all the time. You stop when your partner taps out. There are not many striking arts that allow you to train as close to "all out" as possible. The nice thing about Kali/Escrima is that its full of drills that can be done at high speed with heavy contact. Mind you, these are drills and not sparring. They build on one another and translate directly into sparring though.

I could honestly probably list over 100 different styles with pros and cons for each of them. I just think Kali/Escrima is the most well-rounded, true to itself, and quickly learned. At least, of the many styles that I've personally come across. :)

Todd

The Dog Brothers do Pekiti Tersia Kali. There are thousands of "styles" of Kali in the world, but its all in how you train. That's why Krav Maga, being fairly basic, is so effective. It's the intensity level you train at.

See, the thing with grappling (JiuJitsu, etc) is that you can essentially train "full contact" all the time. You stop when your partner taps out. There are not many striking arts that allow you to train as close to "all out" as possible. The nice thing about Kali/Escrima is that its full of drills that can be done at high speed with heavy contact. Mind you, these are drills and not sparring. They build on one another and translate directly into sparring though.

I could honestly probably list over 100 different styles with pros and cons for each of them. I just think Kali/Escrima is the most well-rounded, true to itself, and quickly learned. At least, of the many styles that I've personally come across. :)

Todd

Yeah I agree that to becoming real good at it, you have to be underpressure of real hits, cuts and bruises after all on a real fight there's no protective gear, or time to think about what you are doing, by training "underfire" the response will be automatic and more effective!

Tough question... As far as multiple attackers i would have to go with aikido... sounds funny but steven segal in his prime was a bad muther... look him up on you tube... 4-5 guys at once..doesnt take that long to break an arm and after that the guy is done... i would also have to say ninjitsu... not the guys dressing in black pj's but the assasins... not the strongest or fastest but the most technical... all about one hit one kill.. pressure points are a biatch...

Top Bottom