Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Whats the deadliest martial arts.?

Bro measure out 19 feet. Actually..before your John Wayne self even goes that far Mr Doc Holladay...

That sounds reasonable to me. The element of surprise would be key though.

I know absolutely zero about any martial art, but I'm well trained and well practiced with my carry of choice, a Glock 30 (subcompact 45acp) and I know quite well how long it takes to draw, accurately aim, and fire my weapon. Factor the impact on aim during stress situations and the surprise element of not expecting a bad guy to even try a move like, and I can see a fast, evasive opponent having a good chance of closing 20ft before I could put one in him.

I had to draw my weapon on three bad guys once, and even the baddest freeze when they are confronted with someone who's stance, manner, and eye contact suggest they are willing and able to shoot you if you move an inch. I think very few armed people would expect someone from that distance to bolt forward, weaving and dodging.

It's a proven fact a knife will own you at 21 feet or less if you are trying to draw and fire in a high stress situation.

Walking my stride is roughly 30 inches almost 3 feet I break out into a run and that's probably close to 5 or 6 feet maybe 4 steps? Including a 28 inch arms reach to grab the weapon you are not moving closer to me by pointing it. Don't need to dodge just straight at them focused on one hand on the weapon other into the throat with a piercing weapon

PS

I'm gonna throw a brick in the machien

Wing Chun

If I wanna go to jail for life, I'll use a gun, even tho I'm trained in the civilian and the security version of krav maga.
If I'm doing doors, I'm using wrestling and a street-modified kind of BJJ. No evidence = no court-case
If I'm outnumbered, I'll call for back-up and try to stall with talking, make sure I don't get surrounded and try to keep my distance.
If stalling doesn't work, I'll just go berserk but I'm still very much fucked.
If I'm injured and can find out their names or where they live, my lawyer will get me a new Porsche.
If I run into a bullet or a knife, I die a honorful death.

Krav magra is a really interesting modern martial art. For my taste I prefer martial arts that can be practiced for a lifetime without scarring bones joints tendons. yes it's effective however other than the fight dirty mentality it's not proven itself to be any more lethal hand to hand combat than any form of martial art. It has a different mentality and that's the limit of the advantage imho.

compare that the the fighting styles of Korea, Japan, Brazil, China and you'll see fighting systems that were designed to fight wars hand to hand. (Shaolin monks fought off multiple attackers with knives swords and spears.. Yes their dedication was second to none not to simplify the Monks ability.)

21 foot rule is something I was taught in the military and after the military in personal security. If the gun is already drawn and aimed..no your not going to beat his finger. The trial or test is can you draw and fire a shot before I can get to you with a knife or punch. The answer is no! Look it up and you'll find information.I know most people believe that a gun wins all but surprisingly it's relatively slow to draw and aim.

First look up how many shots are typically fired in a fire fight and how many typically hit any targets.(I don't include targts shooting at cars with 100 rounds they might as well just throw a grenade inside but hey..

Then look up how many police officers have been shot with their own gun from an unarmed assailant.

Mui Thai is extremely effective 1v1 but you don't see it in mma for a reason. Tae Kwon Do and Mui Thai and boxing among several other sports are very limited in their attack methodology.

UFC and MMA fighters are good tough guys with solid conditioning and a well trained punch. Good wrestling basics,2 kicks to their repetoire and a desire to be famous.

The most lethal fighters in the world aren't allowed to use their normal attacks in UFC and MMA type fights. WHy? because most of those attacks were originally designed to be maim and destroy, which is why you don't see their styles/tactics or disciplines represented in MMA and main stream media.

P.S. the reason I don't watch the MMA stuff and UFC stuff anymore is...well..watching 2 guys spend 5 minutes rolling around on the floor wrapped up in each others legs to try and get the other one to tap out? Now female greased pig wrestling!! that's a sport

Are you high? Muay thai and BJJ are pretty much a must in the mma world. I can not belive you just said "you dont see it in mma for a reason".

You are probably one of those people that belives in wing chun/akido/chi bullshit. For fucks sake, hit a gym and learn somthing.

It's a proven fact a knife will own you at 21 feet or less if you are trying to draw and fire in a high stress situation.

Walking my stride is roughly 30 inches almost 3 feet I break out into a run and that's probably close to 5 or 6 feet maybe 4 steps? Including a 28 inch arms reach to grab the weapon you are not moving closer to me by pointing it. Don't need to dodge just straight at them focused on one hand on the weapon other into the throat with a piercing weapon

PS

I'm gonna throw a brick in the machien

Wing Chun

If its a proven fact you should have no problem getting a link to back your claim right?

OMFG WING CHUN I knew it LOLOLOLOL.

The dealiest is Kuk Su Won. It is a korean form that was trained to the special forces during Vietnam. That is where Hapkido and akido came from when they removed the death strikes. It is still taught around the united stated, but most of the people who trained in Kuk Su Won, don't fight to win, they only use it in a death like situation. Krav Maga is probably the most brutal, but it is also used to stike and retreat and always to keep yourself safe against 2 or 3 fighters.

If I wanna go to jail for life, I'll use a gun, even tho I'm trained in the civilian and the security version of krav maga.
If I'm doing doors, I'm using wrestling and a street-modified kind of BJJ. No evidence = no court-case
If I'm outnumbered, I'll call for back-up and try to stall with talking, make sure I don't get surrounded and try to keep my distance.
If stalling doesn't work, I'll just go berserk but I'm still very much fucked.
If I'm injured and can find out their names or where they live, my lawyer will get me a new Porsche.
If I run into a bullet or a knife, I die a honorful death.

I totally disagree..

I volunteer with the police and know you are ALWAYS allowed to defend yourself.. at least here in the US..

If 5 guys try and stomp my ass, I'm shooting some of them. Even two people..

The cop I work with most often says if he is off duty and there are two people trying to beat his ass.. If he knows one could grab something to hit him in the head with while he is wrestling with the one guy he is done fore.. He says he's going to shoot them.

He isn't hostile or aggressive.. He just tells it like it is..

He also says you have to be alive to get tried for that..
(meaning instead of getting his brains stomped out he'd rather take the court case and shoot if he is in over his head.)

As cool as it sound, you really don't want to regularly train a "Deadly" martial art. You want to be able to defend yourself, maybe kick some ass in a bar fight. You fight as you train, and if you regularly train to kill people, and you get in a scuffle, you'll see your family on visiting days for he next 10-20 years. That being said, moving on to my personal opinion section, the single best "street" martial art is Muay Thai (using "boxing" hands). But in and of itself its not a complete martial art - use it as your base, then supplement it with some grappling (BJJ, Judo, Sambo), and some more street oriented techniques (Paul Vunak, a JKD guy, has some great stuff), some knife and gun defenses (Krav Maga is second to none for gun defences)and then, THE MOST IMPORTANT THING OF ALL - what do you do when some beligerent A-hole gets in you face? Do you just flat out hit him? Maybe get in a fighting stance, not the worst thing to do in that situation? Stand face to face with him, all bad-ass, but of course then you have no idea if he is going to just throw the first punch (or kick or knee) dropping you right then and there, fight over? Your adreniline is pumping, your hands are shaking (not from fear, just adreniline, but it sure feals like fear), tunnel vision starts, you're vulnerable to wide shots, haymakers, stuff you've trained defending hundreds of times in your martial arts class but might not see coming now, how do you deal with that?

Every serious martal artist should have a more then passing acquantaince with Geoff Thompson and his "fence", IMHO the most important martial art training almost never taught in any martial art setting.

I have been Kickboxing for years and I am looking for something to compliment this. I am wanting something real world, meaning that it has to be effective against several attackers... thanks....

Try hapkido, it is "real world" street kickboxing, close combat and effective against several opponents

Top Bottom