Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Whats the best back exercise for mass, other than deadlift?

S

SSAlexSS

Hello all!

What is the best exercise for mass in the back other than deadlift?

One hand bent over rows (I hate these coz my gym doesnt have dumbells above 100 pounds... booo)
upright row
bent over barbell row
t-bar row
or
sitting machine cable row (is it any good?)

any ideas?

Reply please!
Thanks!

Last edited:
I'd either have to go with t-bar rows or bent over BB rows. I think it really depends on the type of t-bar row equipment the gym has. My old gym had an older style t-bar where you have to stand on it and then pull the weight up and seriously kicked ass. It also had two different hand positions on it which was really nice. The other gym I used to go to had one where you would lay against a inclined bench and I found it hard to breath and didn't really see any results. Maybe its just me but I found a big difference between the two.

I suggest alternating between t-bars and bent over rows after your deadlift set and watch yourself grow.

Good luck and keep proper form at all times.

Drifter said:
I'd either have to go with t-bar rows or bent over BB rows. I think it really depends on the type of t-bar row equipment the gym has. My old gym had an older style t-bar where you have to stand on it and then pull the weight up and seriously kicked ass. It also had two different hand positions on it which was really nice. The other gym I used to go to had one where you would lay against a inclined bench and I found it hard to breath and didn't really see any results. Maybe its just me but I found a big difference between the two.

I suggest alternating between t-bars and bent over rows after your deadlift set and watch yourself grow.

Good luck and keep proper form at all times.

Isn't machine cable row works the trapezius muscle unlike t-bar/bb rows?

Actually the mechanics of all three lifts are pretty close and none of them really involves the traps all that much. The traps basic function is to raise the shoulders like in the shrug movement.

The reason I picked the exercises I did was due primarily because of the stabilizer muscles involved and for myself I can use a lot more weight.

Phenomena, thanks for pointing that out...I can't believe I actually forgot about that. Chins are also a must in a back routine. I prefer to do them first, mostly because I leave dead's for leg day. As for traps well I put them with shoulders so I don't count them either.

Back Size

1)Pull downs & (moderate to heavy) 2)one arm D-bell rows are great, 3) Chins & 4) seated close grip rows (done right) are the Kings, Seated Rows are one of those special movements like Squats & Bench which cause the body to release Growth Hormone, stretch into it and pull back into a tight contraction, challenge yourself building up to heavy weights, w/good form. Of course do deadlifts also if you can, ie no injuries. Use routines which incorporate all of the above in a rotating fashion, mix up the combo. p.s. If you cant knock out at least 10 chins w/bodyweight for a few sets, then you need to keep at them.

if you have good lower back i would say : reverse grip bent-rows at 60 degrees angle

otherwise t-bars give more stabillity

Top Bottom