Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What to take to slow protein absorbtion during night...

Dude, you can't afford a can of tuna? Where I live is about a buck for 1cup of tuna, 88 cents I believe. Get the kind with oil in it. If you can't afford that I wonder what the rest of your diet looks like.

Designer Whey Time Release kicks ass, tastes great and isnt very expensive at all. It releases over 8 hours and is one of the best protiens I have found for cutting and nighttime sleep. 3 scoops gives you a bit over 50grams of protien.

is that a chick licken your honeypot or a dude with a curly mullet? I hope it's not the latter, cause homie needs a haircut.

Anyways...I prefer a casein based protein before bedtime mixed with a Tbspn of flax. Make sure you didn't eat carbs the meal before or you could stand the chance of storing some of that fat. No insulin present the better.

seeker02 said:

Good luck absorbing all that protein... after workout OR before bedtime You can then tell your girlfriend why you have really bad gas (because bacteria ends up feeding off what your digestive tract can't absorb). Protein factory makes a good nighttime protein supplement. Might want to look into that.

I always consume around 80g of protein post workout and around 50g every other meal throughout the day.

Alfons said:
Woudl 2 teespoons of omega3 oil and some fibers be enough to slow down protein absorbtion during the night with a Whey proteoin drink just before hitting bed? The reason I ask Is I'm on a cycle right now and canä't afford more meat, tuna, and stuff like that. Decided to go with big protein drink after workout(80g) and one before bedtime..It's very cost effective for me with Whey, but it's so very fast. Therefor I thoght adding some fat and fibers to the shake I take before hitting the bed, but would it be comparable to some Casein protein??? Is there anything else to add into the before bed shake ?

why not buy calsium Caseinate from protein factory? excelent Amino acid profile, inexpensive

The closest study I've found for carbohydrate/protein ingestion post-workout was a study done with gymnasts. They found that .4 grams carbs/kg + .8 grams carbs/kg within a 1-hour timeframe was optimal for recovery. As they are likely in a more catabolic state than weightlifters post-workout, I think this formula would apply fine -- it's what I use. For a 200 lb individual, this equals 73 grams carbs/36 grams protein. 225 lb = 82 carbs/41 protein. 250 = 90 carbs/45 protein.

As an aside, you body doesn't respond to steady-state protein feeding -- if so, the pros would be hooked up to an IV all day long (indeed, this is how they did studies on the subject). You body responds to protein pulse feeding -- a relatively large ingestion of protein at one time, followed by a period of fasting. In a steady release environemnt, the response curve to protein is about 3 hours, that is, your body utilizes protein well for about 3 hours post-ingestion and then the response rate drops significantly. It is better (for the purposes of hypertophy) to just ingest relatively fast-acting protein (whey being preferrential to casein) at regular intervals. As far as nighttime, it doesn't appear that a lot of catabolism occurs during this period of fasting, but you could always wake up in the middle of the night to down another shake...

Top Bottom