Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What should I ask the doc to prescribe me?

layinback said:
the boredom comes from identity disturbance. lack of nurturing and mirroring as a child. you CAN NOT fill this with hydrocodone or benzodiazipines. they dont MAKE enough of them to fill this abandonment wound. you dont have to stay on drugs for the rest of your life. nathan i had a 100 mg a day habit on hydromorphone(5 times stronger than morphine) i robbed drug stores and worked in organized crime ring bad scripts and doc shopping. my life was horrible and empty. if i told you what i been through you wouldnt believe it. i have been sober for 19 years own a multi million dollar biz happy marriage with kids. aint sayin its a bunch of roses but its 1000000% better than used to be. DO NOT give up. get help and work toward recovery.

this would be my answer....less all the fancy talk

Thanks so much guys - the last few posts were VERY helpful. And I actually REALLY liked the smoking only a few days a week idea - I'm going to do that for sure. That is my goal over the next few months - cut it back to 4 days a week, then maybe 3. I hav e been able to do 6 but usually it's 7. Thanks Turd - that was seriously a great suggestion that I think would work really well for my personality.

And my diagnoses have been as follows:

- Obsessive compulsive disorder (I was 13 when first diagnosed, but it is not a disorder right now in and of that it isn't interfering with my life - doesnt' take up 24 hours, 7 days a week and I can do other things)
- Bi-polar disorder (13 when first diagnosed, then again at 15, 17 and 20, as well as confirmed by various docs in between)
- Social Anxiety Disorder (I was19 or 20 when I first got diagnosed with that but don't have it anymore - it was right after first year and kicked off two shit years for me after I got over 3-4 months of pneumonia)
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder (I was 20)

And there you have it - my history of mental illness. lmao. Sigh. The only thing that qualifies as a disorder right now is the bi-polar. I am so far from social anxiety disorder right now it's retarded - I go in and out of being social and I have been all about doing stuff this summer. I also go in and out of dating but when I do date I tend to do well by my standards. Like, I didnt' date at all since September and then got back into it come spring and now am like reeeeeeaar (my impression of braking noises).

The types of meds that have been suggested so far tend to make me tired all day long. I don't want that. Obviously that will work - I could just cut back on the sleeping too. What would be better is if I could pop the pill towards the end of the day when being tired would be beneficial. I'm not altogether unhappy right now - hence my reluctance to fuck with my current state of mind. I just find I get intense and worked up easily, and don't care for that and would like to cap it (it's sort of like ADHD I guess, so ritalin might be the best thing to be honest). If you were to put me in the octagon right now, I'd hurt somebody. I'd die probably, but at least I'd hurt them before they killed me.

Nathan said:

- Obsessive compulsive disorder (I was 13 when first diagnosed, but it is not a disorder right now in and of that it isn't interfering with my life - doesnt' take up 24 hours, 7 days a week and I can do other things)
- Bi-polar disorder (13 when first diagnosed, then again at 15, 17 and 20, as well as confirmed by various docs in between)
- Social Anxiety Disorder (I was19 or 20 when I first got diagnosed with that but don't have it anymore - it was right after first year and kicked off two shit years for me after I got over 3-4 months of pneumonia)

Dude, I totally sympathize with you b/c I suffer much of what you do (as does a large portion of the population), but ALL of that can be cured and controlled SANS drugs.
I'm gonna get flak for this but too bad. Drugs is the easy/weak way out.
Take what you need to get through a panic attack etc, but the need to self medicate daily is unhealthy and will makes your life worse than it is now.
It takes strength to face life w/out being high......find some strength

HT to rip me a new ahole in 3. 2. 1

stilleto said:
omg

we are so much alike, except for the coolness factor for which i accelerate.

I just got some xanax. I only took one, and it MAY have given me a sense of well being and relaxation, OR i was just relaxed and feeling good, which does happen a lot.

vicodin is a wonder drug for me. makes me feel good- both physically and mentally. Even if i wasn't feeling bad in any way before- i just suddenly feel... better.

I love being high, but it's not always convenient or legal. i hate that.

Geez... Stilleto and Nathan could both be describing me... I get bored easy, have gotten into trouble with too much recreational drugs when younger, did a little time over doing battle with the world, love being high. I only smoke weed now and only that at home when all my work is done for the day. As Nathan says... it shuts my brain off for a few hours. I avoid boredom with lots of work, rebuilding old motorcycles ( HD, Triumph, Moto Guzzi so far), restoring my old house, a bit of gardening, cooking, lifting... and my favorite training/ sparring with my sensei. Try that one Nathan... kills boredom, keep you thrilled for hours afterwards, and you won't even think of getting high when someone is throwing leather at your head. :)

S

Nathan said:
Thanks so much guys - the last few posts were VERY helpful. And I actually REALLY liked the smoking only a few days a week idea - I'm going to do that for sure. That is my goal over the next few months - cut it back to 4 days a week, then maybe 3. I hav e been able to do 6 but usually it's 7. Thanks Turd - that was seriously a great suggestion that I think would work really well for my personality.

And there you have it - my history of mental illness. lmao. Sigh. The only thing that qualifies as a disorder right now is the bi-polar. I am so far from social anxiety disorder right now it's retarded - I go in and out of being social and I have been all about doing stuff this summer. I also go in and out of dating but when I do date I tend to do well by my standards. Like, I didnt' date at all since September and then got back into it come spring and now am like reeeeeeaar (my impression of braking noises).

The types of meds that have been suggested so far tend to make me tired all day long. I don't want that. Obviously that will work - I could just cut back on the sleeping too. What would be better is if I could pop the pill towards the end of the day when being tired would be beneficial. I'm not altogether unhappy right now - hence my reluctance to fuck with my current state of mind. I just find I get intense and worked up easily, and don't care for that and would like to cap it (it's sort of like ADHD I guess, so ritalin might be the best thing to be honest). If you were to put me in the octagon right now, I'd hurt somebody. I'd die probably, but at least I'd hurt them before they killed me.
I always hated smoking pot. It made my body feel slow and my mind was still fast. It made me REALLY uncomfortable.
I have been on a gazillion meds for a gazillion reasons. My parents sent me to a ton of shrinks. None of them shared the same opinion of what I had or didn't have EXCEPT for my sleep disorder. They all agreed about that one.....so it's the only thing i choose to medicate. Well, can't take anything since i'm pregnant...but only a few more months until I can get back on my pills and enjoy a long, non hypnopompic SP or insomnia defeated nap. Only a few more months. yeah.
Just keep looking around. Unfortunately, you may need to try several docs before you find the one that is right for YOU. Good luck.

CrazyRussian said:
Have you tried going to a decent, well-qualified psychiatrist? I think that'd be a better and more permanent solution than popping handfulls of pills a day for the rest of your life.
a psychiatrist will prescribe him meds. that's what they do.

blueta2 said:
Dude, I totally sympathize with you b/c I suffer much of what you do (as does a large portion of the population), but ALL of that can be cured and controlled SANS drugs.
I'm gonna get flak for this but too bad. Drugs is the easy/weak way out.
Take what you need to get through a panic attack etc, but the need to self medicate daily is unhealthy and will makes your life worse than it is now.
It takes strength to face life w/out being high......find some strength

HT to rip me a new ahole in 3. 2. 1
Nathan, Listen to Bluether here. SHe will change your brain chemistry with scientology, a vitamin, and a home remedy of banana peels, parsley, Karo syrup and flax oil.

Top Bottom