Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What rep range do you train in?

What rep range do you train in?

• Total voters
depends on exercise.

bench 4-8
squat 4-8
clean 1-3
snatch 1-3
any isolated ex. is usualy 8 reps

iv just switched up to 10+ reps and short rest periods and after 4 months or so of the 3-5 rep range this stuff is putting me on my ass, iv had sore legs since friday and its tuesday today!

currently 4-8. Will soon be switching it to 6-10 for a couple months. Then will go to 8-12. Then after a couple months i go back to 4-8

Whiskey

I train in many rep ranges. Sometimes I do 1RM's, sometimes I do 1-3's, 5's, 8-9's, 12'-15's etc. etc. Sometimes I do 50 rep sets or even 90-100 rep sets for calves. It changes every day. Sometimes I roll a dice and do whatever number comes up. Routine is the enemy.

100% Agreed.

I've noticed though that different muscle groups respond differently to the same rep range. My back and delts grow in the lower range but my tri only seems to respond to 10-15 rang so I'd do separate sets of cg bench press and dips just for tris.

My legs got big from explosive jumps/plyometrics, quick sprints and uphill running WAY faster than relying on squats, dead-lifts and the traditional bodybuilder workouts.

Always 5-10. maybe slip a set of 20 here and there and attempt a few 3x3's from time to time. I like 5-10 the most cuzz it adds mass quick and strength isn't completely neglected.

Top Bottom