Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What rep range do you train in?

• Total voters
The_Alcatraz said:
8 is good man...

7-8 is considered border line hypertrophy by most...

I'd stick to 8 reps per set if you wanna grow those muscles to their potential

So how many sets of 8 then ?? 3 or4 sets ?? Want to add weight and muscle mass, and I am eating a lot more than normal past few months :) :)

If you do 3 exercises for a muscle group, you can do 4 sets of each. If you decide to do 4 exercises for a muscle group, then you can stick to 3 sets of each.

Eating a lot is good, as long as you eat right. You can ask needto for some good recipes, as he's the resident bodybuilding chef ++

Or, you can get a platinum membership and get all its benefits including excellent information about training, supplementation etc...and you can get it all now for less than 2 dollars!!

1-3 for fast lifts (cleans, snatches, jerks), 3-5 for slow lifts (squats, deadlifts), 5-8 for assistance (pullups, dips).

Want to add weight and muscle mass

That's his goal...

1-3 for fast lifts (cleans, snatches, jerks), 3-5 for slow lifts (squats, deadlifts), 5-8 for assistance (pullups, dips).

That won't help...since it will only get him strong and not built...hypertrophy = 8+reps...low rep range will not make him bigger

The_Alcatraz said:
That's his goal...

That won't help...since it will only get him strong and not built...hypertrophy = 8+reps...low rep range will not make him bigger

So what about all the 5x5 stuff ?? That won't pack on the muscle for me ?? I want to add muscle mass, I know eating more is half the battle too, which I am doing.

But something like 4x8 will do the trick, with ramped up weight each set ?? Even compound movements too ?? By the way I already did the 5x5 program this Summer

I think I've done it all...

It all works.

nolimitxxx said:

8-12 for three sets then one heavy fourth set for 3-6....all except arms....i do only three sets of 8-12 on them...but i found i got strong as hell training like this

Top Bottom