Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What rep range do you train in?

What rep range do you train in?

• Total voters
3 sets for all minimum except for upper as noted.

15, 12, 10, 8- for upper body.

Lower is 20 ea set

If I'm going super light it's to failure.
Super heavy I try to get 3. Ea set

Pull ups 20

Sit ups basically 250-500 ea workout. I use them I between sets usually with a 45 lb weight on my chest.

My cardio basically 30-45 mins heart rate at 130 give or take.

I'm running 5x5 now for bench, only. And love it.
For deadlifts, I'm following 5/3/1 to hit a PR in December.
For squats, I do roughly 8 reps, and I was told to never go to failure on squats for your last set.

For everything else, the accessory type work...I run about 12 to 15 reps.

3-5 on first 2 sets of squats and deads then like one of like 15-20 at the end. Rest of legs, back and other body parts 4 sets of 5-7, 8-10, 12-15, & 16-18 respectively

Warm ups in 20-30 reps. Legs I stay in the 10-20 rep range. Everything else I stay in 8-15. Chasing that killer pump and avoiding injury. New to it this year, but my joints just couldn't take the low rep heavy weight after 19 yrs of this shit. I'm always changing shit up tho. Who knows what's next.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using EliteFitness

Rep ranges need to determined by movement type lever arm length, mental status, glycogen depletion, so many variables. The most important thing is safety. Leave your ego out of weight choice. Unless u r tapering lifts during training may be related indirectly to true gains. Focus on learning the movement correctly and enjoying what u r doing. Generally flexion will require more reps than extensions due to activation of accessory muscles rather than prime movers w/very heavy weight.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using EliteFitness

Rep ranges need to determined by movement type lever arm length, mental status, glycogen depletion, so many variables. The most important thing is safety. Leave your ego out of weight choice. Unless u r tapering lifts during training may be related indirectly to true gains. Focus on learning the movement correctly and enjoying what u r doing. Generally flexion will require more reps than extensions due to activation of accessory muscles rather than prime movers w/very heavy weight.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using EliteFitness

The question OP asked refers to number of repetitions, not range of motion.

Sent from my GT-N7105T using EliteFitness

the muscle and set number
6.jpg

Top Bottom