Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What rep range do you train in?

What rep range do you train in?

• Total voters
In the past I mostly focused on gaining strength, was always told that high reps would only be good for getting ripped, for example during cutting. Ive read a lot on this lately, and honestly still no exact science from what I can interpret. I have made up my mind that I will be doing a 2/1 mix, for every two rep range workouts of 15 reps, Ill do 1 with heavy and low reps (6-8) I think this may be why I was able to "look" much better "size/mass wise" when I was with uncle sam doing the majority of training with body weight (mine and/or someone elses). When lifting for sports, it was always heavy as possible to failure with negatives. Im more looking at body symetry now, and even if I could lift a truck, it wouldnt be worth the risk of injury to me.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using EliteFitness

In the past I mostly focused on gaining strength, was always told that high reps would only be good for getting ripped, for example during cutting. Ive read a lot on this lately, and honestly still no exact science from what I can interpret. I have made up my mind that I will be doing a 2/1 mix, for every two rep range workouts of 15 reps, Ill do 1 with heavy and low reps (6-8) I think this may be why I was able to "look" much better "size/mass wise" when I was with uncle sam doing the majority of training with body weight (mine and/or someone elses). When lifting for sports, it was always heavy as possible to failure with negatives. Im more looking at body symetry now, and even if I could lift a truck, it wouldnt be worth the risk of injury to me.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using EliteFitness

Honestly you can get hurt easier with reps than singles. When doing reps every rep is different and the more you do the sloppier you get and this causes injuries. I regularly max out on all bench, squat, and dl, and I seldom get injured. I am constantly doing prehab and focusing on technique and this minimizes injuries. You cant be afraid to push yourself, well not if you wanna progress. Just be smart about it and youll be fine.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using EliteFitness

6-8.
I used to do 10-12 but since I dropped the range seen more gains.

Sent using the elitefitness app.

It varies I change up every few months im currently on 5 x 5, with a set to failure. Going to do this for 2 weeks to shock the body. Im currently cutting.

Switch it up all the time... Usally no less then 5 to be honest.. I feel as that gives greater risk to hurt urself but maybe I'm missing out...

Top Bottom