Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Weight Loss, HELP!!

Fitness_Buff_4

Hey there, I was wondering if someone could help me. I'm 20 years old and have been working out for about 7 years now. I haven't been able to work out much with school and work, but have been trying to eat better. I've been taking Hydroxycut for a few wks now and am up to 4-8 a day. I'm am 5'3" and a size 7, 34-31-38, and can't seem to lose any wt. I want to be a fitness model really bad. My bf says I have a lot of muscle underneath my body fat. I am going to the Relay For Life this yr and can walk the whole 24 hrs (with breaks of course) :) I can lift heavy and work hard doing cardio and lifting, but can't lose any weight. I would like to get down to a size 4. I might be lifting too heavy, but I'm not sure.....I don't know what to do....I gain weight every yr. I get discouraged from working out bc I don't know how much to lift and don't see results. My mom and aunt had gastric bypasses...so I don't know if some of this is heredity or not. I got pics to show if that'd help too. My strength and all has greatly improved...but why can't my body? I am thinking about getting a personal trainer....someone please tell me what you think of my stats and help me get results. My goal looks are like that of Mandy Blank, Laurie Noack, Amy Fadhli, etc. Well please help: here are my lifting stat
for standing calf raises 240 and 260, seated rows
towards biceps and inner bars 67.5 and 75, abs with
feet on front pegs 80, back pegs 90, oblique twists
80, leg extensions 100, leg curls 80 (laying down), lower back
extensions 100, overhead press standing from
behind-regular pushing forward and toward biceps 140,
50 on biceps on the cable machine, where you
pull up on a bar attached to a cable, and 60 on
triceps on a cable machine

Last edited:
Fitness_Buff_4 said:
I want to be a fitness model really bad.
You want to BE a fitness model or look like a fitness model? If the former, why? My understanding is they work their butts off & the majority earn almost no money. If the latter, remember that a photo is not an accurate depiction of reality (even BEFORE it's airbrushed).

What exactly are you eating?

Money or not, being on a magazine cover is still pretty darn cool. Nothing you can't make a living off of, but something you can cherish forever.

Pink Space Biscuit said:
Money or not, being on a magazine cover is still pretty darn cool.
Oh yeah, no question. I just think if anyone is considering persuing it, they ought to really understand the advantages & disadvantages & how much effort they're going to have to put forth.

I'm just way too practical, I'm always advocating moderate goals. But then again, just like that one awesome post by New@ on "TIPS TO STAY MOTIVATED" (I've sent that to friends) -> You should set achievable goals. If your goals are totally unrealistic, you're doomed to fail & be discouraged, frustrated, & likely give up on fitness.

I think having realistic short-term goals is particularly important when you are new to a fitness lifestyle & just started out with clean eating, etc.

IMO, being Jenny Worth is a pretty unrealistic goal for most people. Better to try & make the most of YOUR bod than to try for a PERFECT exceptional bod. If the best bod that you can get IS exceptional, GREAT! :) If it's not as good as Anja Langer, don't beat yourself up. Know what I mean?

Just makes me sad to see women unhappy with their bodies.

OK, I'll shut up now.

Top Bottom