Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

turkey burgers vs beef burgers

die faster

if i switch all the burgers in my bulking diet to turkey, will this significantly help me prevent fat gain? i eat alot of ground beef, im thinking of switching to ground turkey and beef only in lean steaks. any oppinions just feel free to tell me. fat gain is never something ive had to worry about too much until now so im an amatuer on the subject

if you don't gain fat too easily, then by all means eat all the ground beef burgers you can stuff in your face, especially since you're bulking. Taste wise I love burgers, but I gain fat way too easily. So even though I'm bulking, I limit ground beef and throw in the occasional turkey burger. I only have the frozen kirkland ones available to me, but throw on some ketchup, mustard, mayo, and some grilled onions and it 'almost' tastes the same, lol.

thanks axis i might actually get a george foreman, it would make everything alot easier

hosteppa i dont gain fat easily, but when me last bulk i got carried away and got over 15% bodyfat. i dropped it back to 12% in about 5 days of cutting, but this time around im gonna try to avoid putting on fat, cause it is beach/ swimming time, and id also like to be able to get a tan mowing my lawn without being embarressed feeling like a tubby lol so im just trying to clean up my diet. if turkey burgers will help, and wont hurt my gains, then ill do it

I like turkey burgers. Here's how I make them. They are killer.

Mix
1.25 pound of white meat turkey
Diced onion and green pepper
1/2 can of drained black beans
1 egg
Tbsp cumin
Tbsp chili powder
Tsp garlic salt
Tsp pepper

Gril or fry in olive oil and top with havarti or montery jack cheese.

southern, i like this recipe man im going food shopping today, ill pick this stuff up. so you just put the black beans right in the meat? they dont get smushed?

cutthroat- i know man, beef and the gallon of milk a day like you saw in my other thread always had me making the best gains. but in my first post i said i wouldnt drop beef all together, i dont think i can even do taht. im still gonna eat 1- 1 1/2 pound london broils with dinner or before bed. its just the greasy fatty hamburgers that i might cut out if turkey is a better option.

thanks axis i might actually get a george foreman, it would make everything alot easier

hosteppa i dont gain fat easily, but when me last bulk i got carried away and got over 15% bodyfat. i dropped it back to 12% in about 5 days of cutting, but this time around im gonna try to avoid putting on fat, cause it is beach/ swimming time, and id also like to be able to get a tan mowing my lawn without being embarressed feeling like a tubby lol so im just trying to clean up my diet. if turkey burgers will help, and wont hurt my gains, then ill do it

Just don't get the smallest one, I bought it when it first came out ages and ages ago, and it's ok for like one chicken breast, or one burger. If you want to fit more than that on you have to partially cook (thaw) one, take it off, put another one on till it's partially cooked (thawed) and then SQUEEZE them both in.

Get one of the bigger ones, preferably one with the interchangeable cooking surfaces, as there are a few great ones like the one for making omelets, lets you do an omelet on the foreman, plus it makes cleanup a hell of a lot easier, as instead of trying to clean the plates on the grill, you just let them cool down then pop them off and wash them in the sink.

The beans will mash a little when mixing. They add a lot of flavor and help to bind the meat without adding breadcrumbs or oats.

Top Bottom