Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Training bodyparts twice a week on cycle?

John89231

When on cycle and bulking who here trains some body parts twice a week. Isn't the whole point of testosterone to recover faster? When bulking and eating enough calories wouldn't it be ideal to workout some body parts twice a week for faster growth? Do you think this is true?

Rest 72 hrs on or off...

Check out Ronnie Coleman's 2x a week routine if you're a BBer looking to grow:

Day Bodypart
Monday Chest, triceps, calves, abs
Tuesday Quads, hams
Wednesday Back, biceps, calves, abs
Thursday Chest, delts, triceps
Friday Quads, hams, abs
Saturday Back, biceps, delts, calves
Sunday Rest

Moderate reps, heavy weight and compound exercises.

I mean, I'm obviously not Ronnie Coleman but I do think training some muscles twice a week has it's advantages. And I do wait 72 hours

When on cycle and bulking who here trains some body parts twice a week. Isn't the whole point of testosterone to recover faster? When bulking and eating enough calories wouldn't it be ideal to workout some body parts twice a week for faster growth? Do you think this is true?

i would agree with you john. the point of AAS is to speed recovery so that you can train more frequently and with more intensity. that said, i sometimes train with a twice a week split, but not always. even on AAS, if you are lifting heavy, your body may not be able to take it for more than a couple months.

here are two splits that ive done that produced good growth:

day 1: chest/tris
day 2: back/bis
day 3: shoulders/traps
day 4: legs
day 5: start over

the above is a basic push/pull pairing ie chest/tris both push, back/bis both pull.

split # 2 (I just started this one so results are yet to be determined)

day 1: legs
day 2: chest
day 3: bis/tris
day 4: back/shoulders/traps

Ive gone thru this split once now and start back to day 1 tomorrow. It has worked well without making the training sessions really long.

i work abs in a few times a week, and then cardio daily.

these splits work out to having 72 hours rest between. I think you just need to listen to your body. if it is leg day and your legs are too sore from the previous workout, move to the next part in the rotation and switch days up.

if this consistently happens consider going to a slower rotation.

i just talked to a gym buddy tonight who said he quit training for a month and put on a bunch of muscle. i asked how often he was hitting bodyparts. he was training them twice a week and had been for 9 months!! i explained that he was overtraining and thats why he put on muscle when he slowed down and gave his body proper rest.

I have often wroked chest and legs twice a week.

No rest days at all in those splits? I usually workout 5 or 6 days a week doing the twice a week program it will look like this usually

chest back
Bi's Tri's Abs
Legs
Chest shoulders
Bi's Tri's Forearms Abs
Rest day (or two rest days)
And Repeat

Obviously there is a point to the split and why certain body parts are trained differently and/or more frequently.
Honestly I've NEVER been sore when the certain body part comes back

No rest days at all in those splits? I usually workout 5 or 6 days a week doing the twice a week program it will look like this usually

chest back
Bi's Tri's Abs
Legs
Chest shoulders
Bi's Tri's Forearms Abs
Rest day (or two rest days)
And Repeat

Obviously there is a point to the split and why certain body parts are trained differently and/or more frequently.
Honestly I've NEVER been sore when the certain body part comes back

for me I start the split on Monday and take Sunday off. Train M - Sat. Sundays if I do anything it is cardio only at home - ie jump rope.

IMO pairing the pull/push exercises together helps to keep the workouts at a shorter length. For example, when you do back, you do a lot of pull type exercises - seated cable rows, lat pulldowns, etc. So you are already working your biceps. So if you pair biceps with back, you can do 4-5 back exercises and then 3 biceps and you will be g2g and have a great pump.

I know I say this and am not pairing them the same way myself but I have ran this split in the past and am wanting it to be a different pairing just for muscle confusion.

I agree it's a great split, (push, pull). I'm just training body parts differently ATM. I don't want my back to be super thick or wide so I am only training it lightly while Chest and Abs for example are getting the hard work.

Top Bottom