Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Toyota, on track to beat General Motors

cindylou said:
No reason to be shitty about it - I just cant feel good about that kind of a purchase , thats all.

meanwhile all the other shit you own is made in communist china. i'm sure you own a bunch of electronic products made in japan too. using the excuse because it is made in the usa is dumb as it gets and hypocritical.

When I first came to the States I was all for buying european or japanese. I thought american cars (NOT TRUCKS) are sluggish and ugly and not reliable. I got a Jetta....thinking german made, great! Well, its made in Mexico and I did have a problem with it burning oil and the engine light was on after 2 and a half years. So, why should I buy a Jetta, for example, instead of Ford 500, lets say? Both are assembled in Mexico.

That said....coming from a foreigner....I would never ever lease or buy foreign! Seeing what kind of effect all this has on the families around me, I am deciding to support the american assembled vehicles.

And Manny....c'mon, man, you were comparing a Lexus with a Crown Victoria? Jesus Christ, every car has its category. Why dont you compare it with a Caddy or Lincoln?

And I would so agree with Gambino - the rest of the auto industry has still to accomplish the level of the american made trucks and SUVs.

Europe has a moto "Buy European". Even my own small old little country has a moto "Buy made in Macedonia". I guess I care more about this country than everyone else that is born here. BUY American!

cindylou said:
I only buy American cars, but I buy knowing full well that Toyota is a better car. I dont try and argue that American made cars are better - lol

But I just cant purchase a foreign car. I cant help it Im from the Midwest.

Sorry pumpkin but when we move in together you'll be in a Lexus or Benz.

fistfullofsteel said:
meanwhile all the other shit you own is made in communist china. i'm sure you own a bunch of electronic products made in japan too. using the excuse because it is made in the usa is dumb as it gets and hypocritical.

HEY! everyone is different ; I dont have to think just like you ; and I try to buy American everything , seriously. I know I cant possibly do that , but I try when I can.

Its a character thing with me ; and its neither dumb nor hypocritical.

foreigngirl said:
When I first came to the States I was all for buying european or japanese. I thought american cars (NOT TRUCKS) are sluggish and ugly and not reliable. I got a Jetta....thinking german made, great! Well, its made in Mexico and I did have a problem with it burning oil and the engine light was on after 2 and a half years. So, why should I buy a Jetta, for example, instead of Ford 500, lets say? Both are assembled in Mexico.

That said....coming from a foreigner....I would never ever lease or buy foreign! Seeing what kind of effect all this has on the families around me, I am deciding to support the american assembled vehicles.

And Manny....c'mon, man, you were comparing a Lexus with a Crown Victoria? Jesus Christ, every car has its category. Why dont you compare it with a Caddy or Lincoln?

And I would so agree with Gambino - the rest of the auto industry has still to accomplish the level of the american made trucks and SUVs.

Europe has a moto "Buy European". Even my own small old little country has a moto "Buy made in Macedonia". I guess I care more about this country than everyone else that is born here. BUY American!

Thanks,

I just cant feel good about a foreign purchase. I mean, we want to feel good about what we spend our money on right???

cindylou said:
Thanks,

I just cant feel good about a foreign purchase. I mean, we want to feel good about what we spend our money on right???

I feel ya on that. I want to support the american people, so I will buy what they made as much as possible. We should open our eyes and see how outsourcing and buying not american made is gonna take us to the ground even more. This is at least mine humble opinion.

foreigngirl said:
I feel ya on that. I want to support the american people, so I will buy what they made as much as possible. We should open our eyes and see how outsourcing and buying not american made is gonna take us to the ground even more. This is at least mine humble opinion.

People care more about their own pocketbooks, while they fill the pocketbooks others.

Top Bottom