Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Toyota, on track to beat General Motors

manny78 said:
Marketing bs. Cause apparently North Americans wouldnt buy a high end Toyota, Honda or Nissan so they created just for us, Lexus, Acura and Infiniti.... lol

I'd buy a high end Toyota if all the body styles of the cars weren't so lame.

cindylou said:
HEY! everyone is different ; I dont have to think just like you ; and I try to buy American everything , seriously. I know I cant possibly do that , but I try when I can.

Its a character thing with me ; and its neither dumb nor hypocritical.

sure you try to buy everything american :rolleyes: it's not a character thing, it's a you're retarded thing

calveless wonder said:
GM produces shitty vehicles. not surprising

until american car makers really step it up with their engineering, quality and design this will be the same old story.

they stick to the "sell to hillbillies and <real americans>" mentality and just pump out crap and assume people will buy because it's american.

europe and japan will always own them
U kidding????? The duramax is one of the best trucks on the market. it won motortrend truck of the year how is it shitty?

Wootoom said:
U kidding????? The duramax is one of the best trucks on the market. it won motortrend truck of the year how is it shitty?
some other motor trend car of the year winners were: chevy corvair (1960) and chevy vega (1971). arrrrgh!

manny78 said:
Where did I compare a Lexus with a Crown Vic ? Please show me the quote. I said the Crown Vic was superior to GM garbage but our most reliable cars in the fleet were Toyota and Lexus. Btw a Lexus is just a rebadged Toyota...lol

few pages back, but I guess I misunderstood. I am not arguing which one is more reliable. I am just saying what my preference for cars is - american/canadian assembled

calveless wonder said:
LOL,thoughts from the remains of the iron curtain

perfect example of generalizing.....keep your thoughts, but it was far from an iron curtain, we had an open view

dead_reggin_storage_fashi said:
euro cars have the most bugs. I used to work for MB. owners used to bitch all day long about something going wrong
this is why lexus (toyota) and infiniti (nissan) have done so well in the luxury car market.

WHY pay Big Bucks for a car and not have it 99.8% reliable?

i can still hear the benz service writer telling my parents in the late 80's "dere ez NOTHING wrong witd da autombile...et iz da driva" :rolleyes:

there hasn't been a m-b in their driveway since the early 90's. they have been SPOILED by lexus and maytag for reliability.

Last edited:
Razorguns said:
if u take away govt sales, and sales to rednecks...

toyota is destroying gm.

r
true dat rob. Fleet sales to businesses and governments who have the cash and dont give a fuck except to just say they "buy american" and just as important the fat maintenance agreements that always come with that are the only thing keeping GM in business.

Top Bottom