Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Toyota, on track to beat General Motors

calveless wonder said:
i've driven them. and i know friends that have american cars and they all hate them. anyone with a significant amount of miles has their car in the shop constantly.......you'll never have that problem with a toyota or honda.

like i said, you live in michigan, it's part of the culture to drive an american car up there (without really venturing off to anything else). all my friends have american cars from michigan, why? just because
blanket stereotype bro
i'm not knocking the other brands, toyota makes nice cars and so does honda.
i drove out here (OR) in a honda civic and since i've been here i've been driving a toyota pickup. No comparison with the truck, everything about the 'yota is half assed and weak fabrication.
civic was a nice car though

Gambino said:
road tested and tried, both brands
i don't care what gov't contracts their are, GM trucks are solid
same with caddy
i have experience with both

Drove GM for years (we were using unmarked Impalas and Suburban) and they were by far the most unreliable cars ever. Even Ford with their Crown Vic and Explorer were a bit ahead. The few jap cars we had (Toyota/Lexus and Acura) were in another league. But again, the only reason why most govt./LE agencies keep these rolling POS is politics. That's it.

the UP (and most of michigan, except around the colleges) mentality is still "buy American"...they are in deep denial about what is a good car anymore.

rnch said:
the UP (and most of michigan, except around the colleges) mentality is still "buy American"...they are in deep denial about what is a good car anymore.
fuck these stereotypes bro, not everyone in MI is a flag waving retard.
untill the japs make a super duty truck they will never win over the michigan crowd, plain and simple

they don't need to "win over michigan"....they have "won over" the rest of the country.

and NO, i am not happy about that...but ford, gm and chrysler brought this on themselves.

rnch said:
they don't need to "win over michigan"....they have "won over" the rest of the country.

and NO, i am not happy about that...but ford, gm and chrysler brought this on themselves.
and that may be, i really don't follow the auto market.
but i know the japenese are lagging in one huge dept, trucks
i don't see any foreign super dutys on the road, nor dualies.
big segment of the market they have yet to crack, what keeps ford/gm/dodge alive and hopefully in the game

Gambino said:
and that may be, i really don't follow the auto market.
but i know the japenese are lagging in one huge dept, trucks
i don't see any foreign super dutys on the road, nor dualies.
big segment of the market they have yet to crack, what keeps ford/gm/dodge alive and hopefully in the game

Maybe in Michigan but I see them everyday here. Tundra, Titan, Frontier...

manny78 said:
Maybe in Michigan but I see them everyday here. Tundra, Titan, Frontier...
super duty? dualies? didn't think they made them

Gambino said:
super duty? dualies? didn't think they made them

Super duty yes. Dualies is a niche market. Probably just a matter of time before Nissan and Toyota take this one too.

manny78 said:
Super duty yes. Dualies is a niche market. Probably just a matter of time before Nissan and Toyota take this one too.
they have some catching up to do in the truck dept
hopefully this lag allows the big three to catch up in cars
even in the pacific northwest the trucks pulling shit are all american made

Top Bottom