Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The Mirror DOES Lie To Me....

Your 2nd paragraph nails it MS. That's what I was trying to say, but my little male brain couldn't get the words straight.

Great discussion ladies.

and...I don't think anyone here has a "problem with testosterone" unless its fake of course, but I doubt that's what the book is about ;)

W6

Frisco, I think OTC products like Midol and Pamprin have mild diuretics in them. I don't know how good or bad they are for ya though, especially if you're working out.

I don't consider myself obsessed. I don't compare myself to others really. Where my unhappiness lies is probably more of a guilt trip for ever having let myself get so huge and stay that way for so long that now as I'm making all of these positive changes to my body and lifestyle, I look in the mirror when I'm naked and see things I hate that I never had before. Breasts that sag like that of an old woman and a loose belly, wrinkly and full of stretch marks. The only way to fix these problems is with surgery which has its risks. No one else sees these things on me except for my husband and he's really the sweetest person in the world and is willing to help me in any way he can. He does not see the saggy belly like I do, I guess I'm my own worst enemey with this issue. But when I lay down to go to sleep and I'm mushing a boob when I turn over, or every time I put a bra on I need to adjust my nipples so that they're both pointing in the same direction I just absolutely hate it. When I was fat my boobs were big and full, they fed my daughter and I was happy. Now, during the course of the day they will shift inside my bra and let me tell you, when you work retail and get a chill and you get the high beams going and one nipple is pointing one way and the other is in a totally different direction, it's very embarrassing. I'm not talking an inch different either...it's very obvious that something's way off. Solution #1 is to wear a padded bra but the ones I have found are all low cut and if I bend over at the waist my boobs will litterally fall out. Surgery will correct this, but I'm frustrated with trying to find the right doctor, the cost, and having to wait until I'm at a bf% that I will maintain because if I do it too soon and drop more weight then the problem will reoccur. So, I've been dealing with shifting boobies all day long for months now and it just gets to be more than I can handle at times so I cry. So, it's not a world crisis, but it's a crisis to me. W6 does not have breasts so he can't understand where I'm coming from. I would imagine if it was his penis he'd be more sympathetic.

This thread really hit home with me...a poor self-image can be a terrible thing. I know that i can attribute my poor self-image to various things that have happened in my life. But i do realize that there are others who have had it worse--for sure.

It's all relative!

My "battles" are a big deal for me and I'm sure your "battles" are a big deal for you. Sometimes all you want is someone to listen and tell you that you are okay....just my 2 cents worth.

I always have to be obsessed with something. Right now, it's junk food. I'm trying to refocus that obsession on something else, or find something harmless to obsess over (acquiring Leonard Cohen's back catalogue of albums, for instance), that will help me achieve my goals for leanness.

I eat tons of junk yet do not GAIN weight. Which makes me think I'd slowly get nice and lean without the junk. But I obsess over my next dose of sugar. I've spent all my money this month though on junk so I'm going to have to do without my sugar fixes until April (need the remaining dosh to buy a belt for a contest).

I hate looking at myself in the mirror. I am getting more muscular, but due to my sugar addiction, not leaner (and yes, I know what I SHOULD eat, spatts has told me on here many times, it's a question of actually going and doing it).

I know that if I was 15% or so I would move down two PL categories (currently 69kg, I think I could manage it to 59, which is at the top of the second next one down)..... I don't want to be skinny, I want to be ripped and muscular...

So, Circusgirl, by reading the above post I now assume that is NOT you in your avatar. I'm highly dissapointed.

:FRlol:

Wow, this thread has gone a long way. Very good advise from everyone.

I have to keep telling myself that everyone is different. Everyone has their own build and their genetics are different. I know I will never be a size 4 and that is fine. I don't want to and my build wont allow it.

Some times I ask myself is it worth it. (yes, I know that it is) Its just that I see some woman, plus my sister get so upset about the way they look. They have come so far and yet it is not good enough. You set one goal and its not good enough, so you set another and yet it still is not good enough. When is it going to be good enough? I know for me it is when I can look in a mirror and then look at my picture and smile and say shit I look good. Better then I ever have. I know there is ALWAYS room for improvment, but we should try not to make it an obsession.

To Mrs. P: You are a beautiful woman. If that is you in the avatar you look wonderful. I know you have your own goals and you will reach them. Give it time. As for your boobs I hear you on that one. :D

And for Spatts you are one deep person. I admire that. The "Alice" hit it right on the head for me.

Good luck to all you women. I can only imagine how beautiful you all are.

that is just my 2 cents

NDGirl

Thank you, ND. :)

The boobs...I've been complaining about them to my best friend for months now. She lives in another state so I hadn't seen her since last year. So I go up there for her Mardi Gras party and with her being my best friend, I figure I'd show her why I'm so pissy. Gotta love the honesty between best friends, I show her by just dropping a boob out from under my bra and she says "OH SHIT! You really DO need that work done!" I'm like, "Thanks a lot, I love you too." It's all good with her though, we laughed. She's heavy but content. She says that if what happened to me might happen to her she's gonna stay at the size she is. LOL I love her positive attitude about herself. She's a one in a million.

Well- It's been two days since I posted that I was depressed reply. I'm happy to report that I am feeling a lot better. My week off has helped out a lot. I'm definitely ready for spring.

You are right spatts- you shouldn't sacrifice hapiness for looking good. I think I have that type A obsessive compulsive personality that sometimes gets the better of me. I shouldn't be so selfish!

I feel ya on the boobs MrsPuddles. I have lost about twenty pounds in the past year and a half and gone from a 36 D to a 34 C.

It is so not cute.

Top Bottom