Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

SuperQT’s staying the course log…

FinnishFinesse said:
good to hear that you're feeling better!
Have you been taking Yoga for long? and what do you like about it?
Well I first did yoga many many years ago when I was a tree hugging hippy vegetarian. I have no clue how I was ever a vegetarian anyway. When I got heavy into left weights 4-5 years ago. I was younger and had no problems going into things cold never stretching before or after workouts but then something happened :worried: I started getting older :worried: After my first contest prep I end up with a whole lot of aches and pains. I started to see a chiro/ART guy and he gave me many stretches and exercise to help. At first me being stubborn I didn't do them. :rolleyes: Then he was like look SuperQT if you don't start doing them your going to have to depend on my through your contest prep at $50 a pop I didn't want to depend on him. :) So I started doing the things he told me. He also told me to hit up some yoga and or pilates type classes. I started doing that after I was all healed up and I didn't see him one over my last contest prep been months since I seen him actually. So the long wind way of saying I like it because it has greatly decreased the aches and pains I used to experience. Plus I find the classes extremely relaxing they center me clear my mind and I am totally in the moment when I am on the mat which is great the only other time I can focus like that is lifting. The thing is with lifting it is more high energy a lot of anger and aggression is used there with yoga it is a total state of peacefulness myself and the world around me.

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does."
William James
1842-1910, Psychologist and Author

6:30
1 cup Raisin bran
1 cup skm milk
coffee

8:30
2 scopes whey
2 (100g) activa peachs and fiber
coffee
1.5 liters water

11:30
4 oz turkey
1/3 c potatoe
1/2 c carrots
1.5 liters water

2:30
4 oz turkey
1/3 c potatoe
1/2 c carrots
1.5 liters water

4:30
4 oz turkey
1/3 c potatoe
1/2 c carrots
1.5 liters water

6:00
Back & Biceps TBA

7:30
2 scopes whey
2 (100g) activa yougurt
1.5 liters water

9:30
1 oz almonds

Calories Eaten Today
grams cals %total
Total: 2289
Fat: 73 655 30%
Sat: 14 128 6%
Poly: 14 128 6%
Mono: 23 205 9%
Carbs: 184 651 29%
Fiber: 21 0 0%
Protein: 228 911 41%

superqt4u2nv said:
Well I first did yoga many many years ago when I was a tree hugging hippy vegetarian. I have no clue how I was ever a vegetarian anyway. Ooo thats interesting! wow so you were one of those vegetarian types back in the day...it musta been rough. Eating meat is definitely key. My mom was a huge hippie all her life and she's still really environmental and organic and all that, so when I was in high school she decided she was going to cut back drastically on the meat she made for dinner, but I protested so much that it didn't last very long lol. At least one good thing came out of it for you: Yoga! :)

When I got heavy into left weights 4-5 years ago. I was younger and had no problems going into things cold never stretching before or after workouts but then something happened :worried: I started getting older :worried: lol at that. Warming up and stretching is super important thats for sure After my first contest prep I end up with a whole lot of aches and pains. I started to see a chiro/ART guy and he gave me many stretches and exercise to help. At first me being stubborn I didn't do them. :rolleyes: Then he was like look SuperQT if you don't start doing them your going to have to depend on my through your contest prep at $50 a pop I didn't want to depend on him. ouch! :) So I started doing the things he told me. He also told me to hit up some yoga and or pilates type classes. I started doing that after I was all healed up and I didn't see him one over my last contest prep been months since I seen him actually. So the long wind way of saying I like it because it has greatly decreased the aches and pains I used to experience. Plus I find the classes extremely relaxing they center me clear my mind and I am totally in the moment when I am on the mat which is great the only other time I can focus like that is lifting. The thing is with lifting it is more high energy a lot of anger and aggression is used there with yoga it is a total state of peacefulness myself and the world around me.

That's so nice, I'm really glad you found that inner peace! Its so true that lifting gives you that focus too, but like you said its totally different than the peace and tranquility that you experience during yoga. I've only tried yoga a few times, but I stick with my dance classes, especially Modern dance and I find that it focusses me just as much and really motivates me to express what I feel deep inside me with every move. The other thing I like about it is that it is more fast paced than yoga; it is pretty much a cardio workout for me. If you do lots of other cardio though I could really see how yoga would be a superb treat inbetween.
If you get a chance to do a Modern Dance workshop somewhere though, you should really check it out and contrary to what most people thnk you don;t need any experience or a certain body type like you do in ballet. Every body can do it, as long as you are being "true" to yourself throughout it. And its lots of fun :)

FinnishFinesse said:
That's so nice, I'm really glad you found that inner peace! Its so true that lifting gives you that focus too, but like you said its totally different than the peace and tranquility that you experience during yoga. I've only tried yoga a few times, but I stick with my dance classes, especially Modern dance and I find that it focusses me just as much and really motivates me to express what I feel deep inside me with every move. The other thing I like about it is that it is more fast paced than yoga; it is pretty much a cardio workout for me. If you do lots of other cardio though I could really see how yoga would be a superb treat inbetween.
If you get a chance to do a Modern Dance workshop somewhere though, you should really check it out and contrary to what most people thnk you don;t need any experience or a certain body type like you do in ballet. Every body can do it, as long as you are being "true" to yourself throughout it. And its lots of fun :)
Do you live in Southern Ontario? I'd be interested in a class like that for my wife & I.

HiDnGoD said:
Do you live in Southern Ontario? I'd be interested in a class like that for my wife & I.

Yes I do actually live in southern ontario, but I take the classes as credits at the University of Waterloo, and you need to be enrolled in the university to take them unforunately. My instructor, David Earle, is amazing and probably the most inspirational guy that I've ever met. He received the order of Canada for his choreography and a multitude of other awards as well. Lucky for you he has his own school in Guelph called "Dancetheater David Earle" and as far as I know he does offer adult classes in all levels. You should really check it out. This is the link to it: http://www.dtde.ca/
Hope it helps!

superqt4u2nv said:

Workout
Forgot my straps at home so no deadlifting.

HS behind the neck pulldown 140 x 10 x 4
HS pulldown 140 x 8 x 4
High cable row 120 x 8 x 4
Revrse grip pulldown 120 x 8 x 4
Hammer curls 25 x 12 x 3
EZ curl 65 x 8 x 3 last set drop set to 45 x 8
pin wheel curls 15's two sets to faliure.

"Take a chance! All life is a chance. The person who goes the furthest is generally the one who is willing to do and dare."
Dale Carnegie
1888-1955, Author and Trainer

8:30
pumpernickle bagel
2 tbsp cream cheese
coffee
1.5 liters of water

11:30
These are approx I am pretty good at eye balling stuff
6 oz turkey white meat only
1/4 c mashed taters
1/4 c stuffing