Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

stubborn stumach fat

BIKINIMOM said:
How long have you been doing all that cardio?

And there is no "magic food". I mean, some people hold a bit more water eating some foods more than other but we are talking dieting down for competition. I don't think that is what you are talking about.

Have you ever had any children? Do you have a lower stomach bulge genetically?

BikiniMom,
I have always done cardio when I go to the gym( which has been steady on & off for years). I have never had any kids, but last year I went on many vacations & balloned up to 160lbs. When I came home, I was disguisted with myself, so I busted ass & dropped 30lbs. pretty easily actually. I am just stuck right now, its like that last few lbs., the cling-ons! lol

I wasn't reffering to any "miracle" food, just have heard that for exmpl. avocado, nuts & oil help attack that spare tire fat.( raised my eyebrow, but figured someone here would know).
Not ready for comp. yet..lol. I'd like to see how well I can progress this year, if its good, then it's definately a thought. Have many friends who do :)
Thank you!!

localgirl said:
BikiniMom,
I have always done cardio when I go to the gym( which has been steady on & off for years). I have never had any kids, but last year I went on many vacations & balloned up to 160lbs. When I came home, I was disguisted with myself, so I busted ass & dropped 30lbs. pretty easily actually. I am just stuck right now, its like that last few lbs., the cling-ons! lol

I wasn't reffering to any "miracle" food, just have heard that for exmpl. avocado, nuts & oil help attack that spare tire fat.( raised my eyebrow, but figured someone here would know).
Not ready for comp. yet..lol. I'd like to see how well I can progress this year, if its good, then it's definately a thought. Have many friends who do :)
Thank you!!

As far as any foods that "attack" spare tire fat - you were right to raise your eyebrows. Ain't no such animal.

If you've been doing so much cardio for so long your metabolism has adjusted and you have become catabolic. In other words you have to keep doing more and more cardio just to maintain the same metabolic rate and you are actually tearing muscle down which is very counterproductive to burning fat. The more muscle you have, the higher your resting metabolic rate - the more bf you will burn.

SO - STOP ALL CARDIO FOR ONE WEEK and focus on your lifting. Then add it back in slowly, eating clean and lifting as intensely as you can. Start cardio like 3 times p/week 30 minutes at a clip. And only increase the time/intensity once you have failed to progress with fat loss.

Eat clean all week but DO have at least one CHEAT DAY. Again, this is to keep your metabolism from adjusting and halting your fat loss progress.

We have plenty of knowledgable ladies here to guide you on your quest. :)

localgirl said:
I have heard that too, eating late isn't the best for losing the weight.
I really don't have much option there though, I go to the gym late & have to eat after. I suppose I can start staying up later, may be run down @ work though.....

Ok, I also heard that certain food help eliminate that stubborn buldge, any comments on that?

I am getting the impression you may be overtraining.

You don't need to do anything else with legs, maybe abs on one day, two to three exercises max, and calves on the other.

This is a hard thing for women to get, but muscle is the key.

I know if I wasn't competing, I wouldn't be doing any cardio, and intense training in the gym with some variation every week to two weeks (mix up exercises, rep ranges), three to four times a week for about 30 -60 min and I would maintain what I got going on now.

With a sensible diet of course.

I eat before bed all the time, that is when my muscles are repairing themselves and growing.

I just minimise the amount of starchy carbs I eat late at night.

So something like tuna, steak with cooked spinach, steamed asparagus, cauliflower, brocolli with sesame seeds, a bit of olive oil, some nuts are things I like to eat before bed.

I also like micellar casein with some other sort of whey (I use a combo of soya, hemp, whey) with a wee bit of peanut butter, cinnamon and some splenda in tofu yogurt. YUM, one of my favs before I sleep.

Tatyana said:
I am getting the impression you may be overtraining.

You don't need to do anything else with legs, maybe abs on one day, two to three exercises max, and calves on the other.

This is a hard thing for women to get, but muscle is the key.

I know if I wasn't competing, I wouldn't be doing any cardio, and intense training in the gym with some variation every week to two weeks (mix up exercises, rep ranges), three to four times a week for about 30 -60 min and I would maintain what I got going on now.

With a sensible diet of course.

I eat before bed all the time, that is when my muscles are repairing themselves and growing.

I just minimise the amount of starchy carbs I eat late at night.

So something like tuna, steak with cooked spinach, steamed asparagus, cauliflower, brocolli with sesame seeds, a bit of olive oil, some nuts are things I like to eat before bed.

I also like micellar casein with some other sort of whey (I use a combo of soya, hemp, whey) with a wee bit of peanut butter, cinnamon and some splenda in tofu yogurt. YUM, one of my favs before I sleep.

Thanks Ladies!
I will definately try out your advice.
Tat- I am going to try spiltting my leg work outs( I am only going to do 3 excercises each go @ it).
Definately taking your diet advice to heart. and please let me know about what your friend recommends for supp.'s.
BikiniMom- Well, you both recommended that I cut back on the cardio, it seems a lot of people have a different opinion about this. I am not competing anytime soon, so I really want to focus on weights & sculpting muscle.
The nights that I will do cardio, should I do it before or after weights?
IS switching that up important too?
I sincerely appreiciate all your words of wisdom. I am serious about this & it is important to have knowledgeable people to talk to about this.
I'll keep ya'll updated :0
Don't know how much weight I should be losing( if I want to build more muscle, should I be shooting for 120?) any more info. would be fab! :qt:

Don't get fixated on the numbers, focus on how you look, how your clothing fits.

To put this in perspective, I have to buy Nike XS-S clothing, wear a US size 4-6, UK size 8-10 but I weigh 143 lb/64 kg.

When I tell my office ladies who are always on a diet that I weight 10 stone 2, some of them are completely freaked out, as some of them weight that amount but are probably 6-8 inches bigger on all their measurments than I am.

Muscle weighs a lot more than fat but takes up far less space.

If you have to track progress with numbers, then use bodyfat percentages.

Tatyana said:
Don't get fixated on the numbers, focus on how you look, how your clothing fits.

To put this in perspective, I have to buy Nike XS-S clothing, wear a US size 4-6, UK size 8-10 but I weigh 143 lb/64 kg.

When I tell my office ladies who are always on a diet that I weight 10 stone 2, some of them are completely freaked out, as some of them weight that amount but are probably 6-8 inches bigger on all their measurments than I am.

Muscle weighs a lot more than fat but takes up far less space.

If you have to track progress with numbers, then use bodyfat percentages.

Alright, I have heard this before..
being a girl in a town where there are a lot of tiny women, I can get easily caught up. Knowing full well that my build is built more towards athletic than dainty.
Sometimes when I hear them discussing their weight, saying they are overweight being 5"4 and a buck ten..honestly makes me want to pick them up and give em' a shake.lol
But it can be hard on the self esteem, especially when men seem to go after the dainty ones. But you are right Tat!! I read some statistic that the average woman is 140lbs. and wears a size 10-12.

localgirl said:
Alright, I have heard this before..
being a girl in a town where there are a lot of tiny women, I can get easily caught up. Knowing full well that my build is built more towards athletic than dainty.
Sometimes when I hear them discussing their weight, saying they are overweight being 5"4 and a buck ten..honestly makes me want to pick them up and give em' a shake.lol
But it can be hard on the self esteem, especially when men seem to go after the dainty ones. But you are right Tat!! I read some statistic that the average woman is 140lbs. and wears a size 10-12.

Here is a bit more brain candy for you hun.

In survey after survey, it has been found that the majority of men prefer women who are athletic and/or curvy.

For example, more men prefer Rene Zelwigger when she was Bridget Jones, than when she was in Chicago.

Don't get caught up in the whole media thing that promotes unhealthy images of what a woman should look like.

Also being athletic and developing muscle will allow you to have a much nicer physique for most of your life, without all the silly starvation diets most women put themselves through.

Having muscle also promotes good bone health and a sense of psychological well-being.

When you are strong, you feel strong and have a whole confidence that most women who don't train with weights completely miss out on.

If you want to be a sexy older woman and a sexy grannie, lift weights.

Don't worry about what the numbers on the scales say. I know it is a bit of a head trip, I have been going through that as of late myself as I weigh A LOT for my height. I do know it means I have put on muscle, but it did take me a couple of months to get over the OMG, you weigh HOW MUCH.

:)

Well that is good to hear!! And you are dead on about having confidence when you are strong. It is also nice to know that I can back my mouth up when I get aggervated & put someone in they're place..lol.

I definately want to be a sexy older woman :)

Oh, what do you think is best, cardio before or after weights? Is mixing that up good? How is this for a leg split:
Tuesday- leg presses, calf raises, & leg extentions
Thursday- Lunges, squats & hip abductions
Is that still too much?

localgirl said:
Well that is good to hear!! And you are dead on about having confidence when you are strong. It is also nice to know that I can back my mouth up when I get aggervated & put someone in they're place..lol.

I definately want to be a sexy older woman :)

Oh, what do you think is best, cardio before or after weights? Is mixing that up good? How is this for a leg split:
Tuesday- leg presses, calf raises, & leg extentions
Thursday- Lunges, squats & hip abductions
Is that still too much?
Cardio is best done post lifting.

Top Bottom