Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

stubborn stumach fat

localgirl

Hello all,
I have decided that this year will be my fittest year ever. I am commited to diet & excercise, willing to follow any program known to work.

I am 5"6 135lbs. in pretty decent shape. I work out 6 x a week. Doing cardio everynight & either a split or a large muscle group. My main problem areas (heres where I need advice on what excercises to do) Lower abs, I have read a lot of different articles, some people say cardio isn't the answer, nor are crunches, leaving me confused.
Inner thighs. My legs are very strong( many years of sports) but that stubborn jiggle is very annoying.
Please help, summer is approaching & I refuse to spend another summer wearing surf shorts & looking down @ my little belly buldge. yuck. lol
Thank you in advance!! :)undefined

Yes, tummy fat, the last place it often goes, same with inner thigh fat.

Would you mind giving us a bit more information, like what your weight training looks like, in particular, what exercises, how many sets and reps you are doing for legs?

Also, what is a typical day's diet for you? For example

Breakfast 1/2 cup oatmeal, 2 eggs, I cup coffee, ..........etc

Tatyana said:
Yes, tummy fat, the last place it often goes, same with inner thigh fat.

Would you mind giving us a bit more information, like what your weight training looks like, in particular, what exercises, how many sets and reps you are doing for legs?

Also, what is a typical day's diet for you? For example

Breakfast 1/2 cup oatmeal, 2 eggs, I cup coffee, ..........etc

I am currently doing this: 3 sets 15 reps or to failure for all muscle groups.

Monday- off
Tuesday- 45 min. cardio/ abs
Wenesday- 40 min. cardio/ shoulders
Thursday- 40 min. cardio/ legs ( leg press/ extention/ calf raises/ curls)
Friday- 30 min. cardio/ arms/ abs
Saturday- 40 min. cardio/ back
Sunday- 40 min. cardio/ abs

Diet:
Meal 1: 1/2 cup Oatmeal w/ single packet of splenda or 1 cup Cottage Cheese
1/2 cup of black coffee
2 fat free/ 40 cal. yogurts
Meal 2: Protien shake

Meal 3: Spinich Salad
1 Tin Tuna in water
500 ML. water
1 fat free/ 40 cal. yogurt
1-2 Fresh fruit ( oranges/ apples/pears/ bananas)
Calorie wise salad dressing
Meal 4: Protien shake

Meal 5: Protien shake ( this is after the gym)

Meal 6: ( usually very late 9 pm)
Chicken or Fish
Brown rice or salad

I am not too sure if I am not taking in enough with this diet, but I seem to stay full unti lmeal times, and I allow a cheat meal during the week.
Also, should I be having so many protien shakes? They are whey & low fat, I drink with water about 6-800 ml.

Thanks!

Last edited:
localgirl said:
I am currently doing this: 3 sets 15 reps or to failure for all muscle groups.

Monday- off
Tuesday- 45 min. cardio/ abs
Wenesday- 40 min. cardio/ shoulders
Thursday- 40 min. cardio/ legs ( leg press/ extention/ calf raises/ curls)
Friday- 30 min. cardio/ arms/ abs
Saturday- 40 min. cardio/ back
Sunday- 40 min. cardio/ abs

What type of cardio are you doing? Do you ever take a break from cardio? Is it before or after weights?

Legs - I would add in squats, lunges, stiff leg dead lifts. I wouldn't do more than 2 or three exercises for legs. I have split my legs into quads and hamstrings.

Train the stronger half of your legs (or the one you think needs less improvement) first in the week. One to two days rest and then do the other half i.e.)

Tues - Hamstrings/Glutes

Lunges - I love doing these single legs at a time in the smith machine, but walking lunges with dumbells or alternating lunges with a bar on your shoulders in good also

Stiff-Leg Dead lifts

Leg Curls ( I also like to alternate seated, laying leg curls, standing single leg curls)

Wed - Chest or whatever you fancy

Thursday - Quads

Leg Extensions (pre-exhaust)

Frog/Front Squats or Squats

Leg press

OR do leg curls at the end

Avoid doing cardio on leg days, except for a light warm up

Diet:
Meal 1: 1/2 cup Oatmeal w/ single packet of splenda or 1 cup Cottage Cheese
1/2 cup of black coffee
2 fat free/ 40 cal. yogurts

Add protein into your brekkie, either have a protein shake with this or eggs when you have oatmeal
Meal 2: Protien shake You were thinking of cutting back on protein shakes, good idea, they are not a meal, they are a supplement, so unless you are really hard pressed............

Meal 3: Spinich Salad
1 Tin Tuna in water
500 ML. water
1 fat free/ 40 cal. yogurt
1-2 Fresh fruit ( oranges/ apples/pears/ bananas)
Calorie wise salad dressing (have you read the ingredients in this? I am always dubious about pre-fab salad dressings, Olive oil, herbs and vinegar)

Meal 4: Protien shake You need a meal here, AND some carbs for training

Fruit before gym is a good idea as well, take it out of your lunch
Meal 5: Protien shake ( this is after the gym)

Meal 6: ( usually very late 9 pm)
Chicken or Fish
Brown rice or salad
You could try having most of your carbs earlier in the day, and only having the fibrous carbs and more fats later in the day (like salad or steamed veggies)

I am not too sure if I am not taking in enough with this diet, but I seem to stay full unti lmeal times, and I allow a cheat meal during the week.
Also, should I be having so many protien shakes? They are whey & low fat, I drink with water about 6-800 ml.

Thanks!

Have you worked out the calories and macronutrients in this (protein, carbs and fats)?

Women seem to have this tendency of eating too little, and if your body thinks it is starving, then it will hang onto fat for dear life.

We have spent most of our time on this planet surviving in harsh environments, and fat was our buffer against starvation. Our bodies don't know if the calories are low because we want to look good for the summer, our bodies think we are starving.

I find I get much better results with dieting when most of my meals are real food.

Also, carbs are not the enemy. Fat used to be the 'baddie' as far as dieting went, and after 20 years of low fat food, we have an obesity crisis going on.

With cardio and training, you also want to make sure you are not over-training, as that will also halt any progress.

Are you taking any supplements besides whey protein?

The only thing I could offer as advice is if there is hidden sugars like in your yogart. Fat free, but is there 22 grams or more of sugar/serving? I'd do a week or two of really writing everything down exactly and calculating cals and macronutrients to find out what you're eating and then start to adjust it. Also I find for myself if I eat later at night I hold onto weight or put it on. (Not sure if you have an option to eat earlier than 9pm as your last meal. Of course if you're up until 12 or 1am, then it's OK but if you go to bed shortly after you eat, that's harder on your system I have heard.)

superqt4u2nv said:
Great abs are made in the kitchen.
Thanks Tat~

What do you recommend for Meal 4? Im usually about an hour to go @ work around then, but I've noticed I need something to fill that void( I'm pretty hungry when I get home).

For cardio, I switch it up between the bike, treadmill, stepper( my fav!) and the elliptical. & no I do cardio everytime I go to the gym ( which doesn't leave much time for what I'd actually like to be accomplishing with weights( I do cardio first, should I switch this up? I've heard many different opinions on which is more effective)

Another question, when I split legs up( def. going to try that) what other muscle group is good to do with that, would it fit in well on a cardio & abs night??

My goal is not to lose too much weight( 10lbs. max) but to strenghten & tone.
What kind of diet intake should I be getting? If I have an idea, I can calcuate & follow. As you can tell, diet is my downfall, absolutely love working out, but I am not fully aware of what I should be putting into my body to provide me with exactly what I need for this kind of training.

* today I start taking steps, so that one day I can rock a hard body like you*

:) thnx 4 your help

fitness-rubber said:
So key to remember, so often forgotten...

I have heard that too, eating late isn't the best for losing the weight.
I really don't have much option there though, I go to the gym late & have to eat after. I suppose I can start staying up later, may be run down @ work though.....

Ok, I also heard that certain food help eliminate that stubborn buldge, any comments on that?

How long have you been doing all that cardio?

And there is no "magic food". I mean, some people hold a bit more water eating some foods more than other but we are talking dieting down for competition. I don't think that is what you are talking about.

Have you ever had any children? Do you have a lower stomach bulge genetically?

Top Bottom