Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Steroids for recovering drug addicts/alcoholics?

damn... that's a great call. I don't believe SARMS-S4 to be mood or mind-altering at all (it isn't for me). That might be a great way for you to progress in your recovery without having to mess with your brain chemistry. Being addicted to fitness is vastly better than being addicted to that testosterone-edge feeling.

To elaborate on my earlier post, the problem (and great thing) about testosterone is it's the ultimate antidepressant. I personally believe a lot of depressed or manic-depressives get a hold of the stuff and use it as a quick fix. These are the same people who wind-up doing 26-week cycles or who decide to just do "HRT" as a 24 year old for life. Don't fall into that trap. Deal with your life issues first, and then decide whether to use AAS or not.

Right, that makes alot of sense.. I am definately not going to use AAS any time in the near future, if at all.. I want to investigate SARMS-S4 a bit further, but at first glance it seems like an attractive product for someone like me.. Thanks for the info!

i am in recovery and have only been clean a year and a half and just started my second cycle. Honesty is the mainstay with everyone. People at my aa meetings know i cycle and some think im sober and others think im some kind of freak. Ive been addicted to heroin, other opiates, meth, coke, benzodiazipines, alcohol, fentanyl, oxycontin, all at separate times in my life before the age of 26. I will tell you one thing, AAS are NOT instantly gratifying. Instant gratification is why i took other mood altering substances. I am addicted to the training and do exercise compulsively. I constantly ask myself if my recovery program is being affected by my diet/cardio/lifting/AAS. They all effect my mindset differently. I love needles. HONESTY. I think as long as you put your recovery first and are honest you can do whatever you want. I agree with what has been said, recovery must be first. If i havent talked to my sponsor or missed a meeting or need to do some step work then training or cooking or eating for that day must take a back seat. Anything I have ever put in front of my recovery i have lost.

i am in recovery and have only been clean a year and a half and just started my second cycle. Honesty is the mainstay with everyone. People at my aa meetings know i cycle and some think im sober and others think im some kind of freak. Ive been addicted to heroin, other opiates, meth, coke, benzodiazipines, alcohol, fentanyl, oxycontin, all at separate times in my life before the age of 26. I will tell you one thing, AAS are NOT instantly gratifying. Instant gratification is why i took other mood altering substances. I am addicted to the training and do exercise compulsively. I constantly ask myself if my recovery program is being affected by my diet/cardio/lifting/AAS. They all effect my mindset differently. I love needles. HONESTY. I think as long as you put your recovery first and are honest you can do whatever you want. I agree with what has been said, recovery must be first. If i havent talked to my sponsor or missed a meeting or need to do some step work then training or cooking or eating for that day must take a back seat. Anything I have ever put in front of my recovery i have lost.

Running a cycle can get more expensive that snorting coke when you take the amount of Gear,supplements,food,PCT and AI's and gym membership into consideration

RADAR

I'm in recovery as well and I actually think roids are a grey-zone--even though I use them myself. They can definitely be mood/mind altering and psychologically very addictive. But then again, so can a lot of things. 1/3 of the US population is not just overweight but obese--and you simply don't get obese unless you use food addictively. Nicotine is physically and psychologically addictive. A lot of people are addicted to sex, gambling, work...

I don't think I'll ever be 100% free from addictive behavior and I actually doubt that there are many people who don't use any addictive behavior of any sort (if they're honest).

The litmus test for me is, does something make my life UNMANAGEABLE? If it does, I simply can't use it. The hard part is to be brutally honest with yourself about it. Is working out and roids taking over your life to the point that it effects your personal relationships? Is roid rage effecting you at work or at home? Are you engaging in dangerous illegal behavior because of roids? Etc., etc.

Again, I don't think it's especially easy to give a black-and-white answer to any of these questions but I'd say that anyone in recovery who is using roids is in the danger zone.

Including me. And that's the truth.

I'm not going to list my drug use history but u can trust me when I understand .this is my 2 cents. Doing a cycle isn't going to cause u to fall off the wagon and start sniffing, drinking, or smoking again but...... I do concider it a form of replacement.

Running a cycle can get more expensive that snorting coke when you take the amount of Gear,supplements,food,PCT and AI's and gym membership into consideration

RADAR

I was spending 800 dollars a day on oxycontin so it really can't. But I have thought about that. Food definitely costs the most. I spend two hundred dollars a week at SAMs club. The difference is I'm not stealing lying cheating or hurting people to get my food or gear. I feel more broke now cause if I have an extra thirty dollars I'm not thinkin about takin my girl out I'm thinkin about two more bags of chicken. And I work seven days a week just to support my diet at a manual labor job. I do understand what ur sayin but as long as I'm broke I'm definitely not thinkin bout doin any drugs. I guess my point goes along with what radar said. Having money is usually not a good thing for most addicts so bodybuilding makes for a good replacement hobby. Haha

What is the effect of steroids on a recovering addict? I know that no "mind or mood altering substances" should be taken unless completely necessary. I feel like steroids are both mind and mood altering. Are they addictive? Physically or psychologically? If any of you are in recovery from addiction, I'd appreciate your input. I know I have an extremely difficult time doing anything in moderation, so the thought of running a cycle scares me a bit. At this point I have almost 2 years away from drugs and alcohol.

Drugs are bad.

/flame on

A drug is a drug is a drug. Someone who has or has had a dependence on substances should steer clear of any and all drugs. Although Steroids can have a positve affect if used properly and not abused, it is difficult for most to find that balance. And for someone who struggled with substance abuse, I imagine it would be that much harder. In addition, changing ones mood with the use of any kind of substance can lead to the mental instability that will allow someone to stumble and turn to their past substances of abuse.

DON'T DO IT if you enjoy your sobriety. Go it AU NATURAL.

Top Bottom