Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Starting morn cardio, need help.

mitch1301

Just started to run in the mornings and had a couple questions. How long can the average person run on an empty stomach without losing some muscle mass? Also I go back to the gym later in the day to lift weights and also run afterwards for about 30 minutes. I used to work out seven days a week but got busy and lazy, haven't been to the gym in months. Really sucks had been going religiously for a couple years, 365 days a year. All my effort over the past years was for nothing, lost my size and gained a crap load of weight. Went from 180 to 220, damn I got fat, also only 5'10", so actually I am now short and fat, oh well working on it once again. Ok let me get off my soap box and get back to the topic. Would running twice a day be overkill if trying to maintain what muscle mass I still have, if not I was thinking of biking at night. Thanks in advance for your help.

Mitch

You can consider running twice a day overkill, but, anecdotally, it's been my experience that no fat is lost without a sacrifice of muscle. In turn, you can do about 1-3 miles in the morning if you wish, and still do the cardio after your workout.

Remember, it's hard to maintain but it's easy to loose. So, see how your body reacts.

Thanks for the link keiko

Thanks, I thought 60 mins would be better. My only concern is should I eat anything before I run that long on an empty stomach. I have gone for 60 mins in the past and I know it sucks but its all a matter of how badly do you want to loose the FAT. I found that when doing any exercise for 60 minutes you get many different aches and pains, mostly cramps but if you think about it the pain never gets any worse, you get to a point that's hurts but if you can realize the pain wont get any worse it gets easier and easier to run, bike, jog, etc for 60 mins. Again my only concern is would there be negative side effects to running first thing in the morning on an empty stomach taking lipokinetix or other similar products. Thanks again for any input.

Mitch

Morning cardio, then afternoon weights followed by cardio (15-20mins) is the best idea for fat loss.
I have been doing that and it has been working great.

In two weeks: 75kg down to 71.8kg, meaning 4.2kg loss - this is a morning weight, so hard to have water fluctuations. DUnno about bf%, but in lbs the loss is 4.3(2.2)= 10lbs

Now obviously this is water weight and fat. But you can tell the difference for sure! !!!

Don't eat anything before morning cardio. The point of morn cardio is so you can burn fat quicker because the glycogen (blood sugar that is the body's first source of energy) level in your blood is low. You must burn thru this glycogen before your body will begin to metabolize fat. Food will raise the glycogen level, and thus, it will take longer to burn thru it.

Top Bottom