Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Shadow's Snap back to reality.....

rnch said:
your best avitar yet, S.

pity we all can't look as good all the time as we do in our avis, hey?

True....its form last year btw.

I am finally moved and have gotten some rest:

Incline DB press:

60 x 12
70 x 8
75 x 6
80 x 4
............did them first in the wo today...felt really good.

Hammer ISO chest/back:

This is a hybrid between an incline press and a military press

2 plates per side x 10
2 plates + 25 per side x 8

Shrug machine(I like it in that you have to DL the weight up first)

3 x 315 x 7

Hope you have a good work-out....

See there is a positive reason the icons disappeared, to motivate your work-out ;)

treilin said:
Hope you have a good work-out....

See there is a positive reason the icons disappeared, to motivate your work-out ;)

I tell you what....I had a great workout for whatever reason:

Iso Lateral Pulldown machine

135 x 10
185 x 10
225 x 12
250 x 8
285 x 6

Isolateral Rowing machine

150 x 12
180 x 12
200 x 10
225 x 6

Partial Deads (just above knee - singles with sets of shrugs)

135 x 20
225 x 15
275 x 12
315 x 10
405 x 4
475 x 2 - lol....if you can count the micromovement

Deads with feet elevated - bar less then half an inch above shoes

DE effort

3 x 185 x 4

seated rows with straight bar - pulling high on chest(rear delts)

3 x 140 x 10

weighted hypers

3 x 35 x 15

Last edited:
Full Squats

WOrked up to 225 for 6....then decided to go ATF......deloaded to 185 and felt like I was GM'ing the weight in the hole more so than standing up with it. Felt like my posterior chain had not recovered from the last dead day

Leg Press

4 plates per side for 10 - followed by calf presses 10 reps

Stiff Dumbell Deads

3 x 70's x 10

Leg Curls

2 x 125 x 10

Leg Extensions

3 x 175 x 10

A couple thoughts on the ATF squats...

First, stick with them. Not sure what your training history is with ATF, but right now with your comeback they are probably "new" again. At our age (I'm just 3 years younger), times of inactivity lead to some pretty quick reductions in flexibility. Make SURE you are really focusing on ankle flexibility (stretch your calves like mad) and hamstrings, too.

Something tells me your lower back has the strength to be in proper position, so I don't think that is the issue. One other possibility, as crazy as it sounds, is shoulder and pectoral flexibility. Tight shoulders and pecs (and all other muscles related to rounded shoulders) are also going to effect your ability to stay upright.

At the end of the day, we "gentlemen" just need to take more time to focus on flexibility! :lmao:

In the meantime, I'll just go back to watching in awe at your poundages after so much time off. For the love, man! :eek2:

nelmsjer said:
A couple thoughts on the ATF squats...

First, stick with them. Not sure what your training history is with ATF, but right now with your comeback they are probably "new" again. At our age (I'm just 3 years younger), times of inactivity lead to some pretty quick reductions in flexibility. Make SURE you are really focusing on ankle flexibility (stretch your calves like mad) and hamstrings, too.

Something tells me your lower back has the strength to be in proper position, so I don't think that is the issue. One other possibility, as crazy as it sounds, is shoulder and pectoral flexibility. Tight shoulders and pecs (and all other muscles related to rounded shoulders) are also going to effect your ability to stay upright.

At the end of the day, we "gentlemen" just need to take more time to focus on flexibility! :lmao:

In the meantime, I'll just go back to watching in awe at your poundages after so much time off. For the love, man! :eek2:

I am getting ready to start some Muay Thai and Jiu Jitsu training...so Im sure that will help the flexibility.....I will def keep that in mind.

I am staying upright until the first push out of the hole...then I lean forward...almost like my ass is getting ahead of my thighs.....

Thanks a lot for the words....this had turned into a monologue.....

QUICK WORKOUT TODAY

Incline db press

work to 2 sets of 80 for 6

Incline flyes - INSANE stretch
2 x 25 x 12

Modified rear laterals

2 x 35 x 12

Shrugs on shoulder press machine

3 x 325 x 12

Think about throwing your head back (just not at the neck) and firing HARD with your glutes, getting them forward and underneath you as quickly as you can.

nelmsjer said:
Think about throwing your head back (just not at the neck) and firing HARD with your glutes, getting them forward and underneath you as quickly as you can.

what depth do you use for box squats?

The Shadow said:
what depth do you use for box squats?

I can butt in for nelsmjer who's not back yet with an answer...

You can use a variety of depth for your squat. Parallel, and both more than and less than. The link is a brief rundown of what you want to know.

Top Bottom