Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Seriously cutting - need to increase mass (LEAN!!)

1headshot

Hi guys, first timer here. I had started working out in January to lose weight and in the process get built. I started with 221lbs at 6'2" cut down to 176lbs and 8% BF as of last week.

Problem is, with such a low BF, I look like a f-ing martial arts dude where I can study anatomy of all upper body muscle groups and its time to get a bit wider.....

My diet is very protein-rich and slow-GI carbs as well as lots of nuts....

I count calorie to be in the range of 1800-2500 daily depending on the day / work out / running etc..

I do an hour 15min hard weights and run for 3.5-4miles afterwards...

Breakfast - Greek yogurt 20g Protein ; 2 cups oatmeal with nuts on water.
Trac creatine before workout ;
Vitargo 2 scoops (70g fast GI) and 2 scoops of whey (40g Protein) right after workout.
Lunch - half pound deli turkey - 52g protein ; veggies raw ; greek yogurt 20g protein and orange
Dinner - 8oz chicken breasts (40-50g protein) and sauteed veggies (peas/carrots/okra, etc) lots of nuts and Greek yogurt again before bed (20g protein)

Unfortunately I dont hae time for small meals thru the day, so I throw an occasional protein shake or a bar in between

Please give me suggestions on how to alter the diet with minimal fat storage effects. I am thinking of stopping running soon, because I burn a ton of calories by doing it. 8%bf is enough for me, but I dont want to go up. My muscle gains are visible, but too slow for me...

thanks guys

Hi guys, first timer here. I had started working out in January to lose weight and in the process get built. I started with 221lbs at 6'2" cut down to 176lbs and 8% BF as of last week.

Problem is, with such a low BF, I look like a f-ing martial arts dude where I can study anatomy of all upper body muscle groups and its time to get a bit wider.....

My diet is very protein-rich and slow-GI carbs as well as lots of nuts....

I count calorie to be in the range of 1800-2500 daily depending on the day / work out / running etc..

I do an hour 15min hard weights and run for 3.5-4miles afterwards...

Breakfast - Greek yogurt 20g Protein ; 2 cups oatmeal with nuts on water.
Trac creatine before workout ;
Vitargo 2 scoops (70g fast GI) and 2 scoops of whey (40g Protein) right after workout.
Lunch - half pound deli turkey - 52g protein ; veggies raw ; greek yogurt 20g protein and orange
Dinner - 8oz chicken breasts (40-50g protein) and sauteed veggies (peas/carrots/okra, etc) lots of nuts and Greek yogurt again before bed (20g protein)

Unfortunately I dont hae time for small meals thru the day, so I throw an occasional protein shake or a bar in between

Please give me suggestions on how to alter the diet with minimal fat storage effects. I am thinking of stopping running soon, because I burn a ton of calories by doing it. 8%bf is enough for me, but I dont want to go up. My muscle gains are visible, but too slow for me...

thanks guys

you could drop the yogurt and replace it with whey...

for you to be getting 20g of protein from it i would think you are eating something close to 16oz per serving ??
and if thats the case you are consuming 3 servings per day which would be around 36g of saturated fat..

i only eat dairy when bulking..thats my 2 cents anyway..

good luck !

switch your cardio to as soon as you get up before you eat. for 30 minutes 5 days per wk. dont do cardio after training. pre make some shakes with oats, berries, egg whites, and pb in them to take with you. you should be able to make time for a drink.

Thanks a lot guys, just got back from pigging-out all-inclusive vacation and putting on some fat of course...

The greek yogurt I eat is actually 20g protein in 1 serving - 120 cals and 8g of sugar/carbs only. It is great stuff - "Fage" is the name -- O% fat total

I am changing cardio to once a week, deciding to bulk, because it is way too difficult for me to lose BF and gain muscle at the same time. Here comes the peanut butter, steak and beef and maybe some pasta... Besides, eveyone telling me that I am getting way too skinny... Now Ill try to look like a line-backer :evil:

Top Bottom