Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Resting - The right way.

Modays. (This is all at 6:30 in the morning) I start by warming up on the punching bag.

And then in the wieghts room I begin on my Fore Shoulders (Dumbell raises) and in order. . . Go to Shrugs, Rear Shoulders (Bent over Dumbell raises) and then the Pecks with the machine where you squeeze in. (Dont know name) Lower back on the machine, pull down the bar towards you and have your body at a 45 degree angel. (Pecks and lower back i try and do a 40, 4th block down.) Then Triceps by lifitng the dumbell's, Hammer curls for Biceps. Both are at 15kg And finish up on the machine where you pull down the bar in front of you to work the area above your wrists.

Warm down on Punching Bag. Have shake when i get home. (As soon as possible)

I always keep the weight moderate and do about 10 reps for as many sets as 2. Anymore it becomes hard but it feels like its not enough. Should i lower the weight? And i always make an attempt to keep my shoulders back and chest out.

Tuesday - Legs day. Same warm up. But i kick the bag instead of punch it. Ive down abit of Kickboxing so i throw it some Round houses and front/rear left/rights.

To begin witht the legs I work on inner thighs, the machine where you pull your legs in. I can do this one pretty good to get about 15-20 reps 4 sets. On a good weight level. (I dont know how much it is but its the 10th block. The blocks after that are bigger but 10 seems like a good moderate weight.
Then i do sitting toe lifts and standing toe lifts on 100lb. just on 15 reps 3 sets. Then the hardest is the machine where you lay down and push the weights up with your legs. (Sorry about the intelligence level on the name of these excersices im still learning) I do it at 100lbs 15 reps. And by the third set my legs are quivering. Im thinking about lowering the weight level on that one.
Then i go to Leg Curl Machine at 30 (the 3rd block down) I Find i can only do 1 set of 15 reps because the Squat machine has completely had me. And thats the same with the machine where you sit facing outwards and raise the weights on the machine by lifting your legs up.
And then thats it, i warm down on the bag same way i warmed up.

Wed - rest

Thurs - Upper Body

Fri - Legs

Sat - Rest

Sun - Rest

-Reapeat-

I drink water but try not to have to much.

To start off on a positive note, it sounds to me like you are pretty dedicated! Please take my comments more as constructive criticism than as obnoxious.

how much water do you consume daily? It's very hard to have too much water, although definitely possible.

Your routine is terrible. You should think more about training
1. with free weights and
2. with compound lifts (lifts that work more than one muscle group at a time)

There are a ton of benefits to this- more testosterone release from lifts like squats/deads, more bang for your buck because of the fact you're working more groups with one movement, and you're also training your body as a whole, not just with your legs doing an extension, but during a squat with your hips and glutes assisting your legs with the movement and lower back helping to handle the weight. The efficiency of a lift like a full squat beats the hell out of almost, if not every other lift.

Some good programs you might want to look into are;

20 rep squat program- Super Squats 20 Rep Squat Routine
Rippetoes 3x5 Starting Strength- Mark Rippetoe's Starting Strength Routine

I only drink water. So its a fair amount, i wouldn't say I drink heaps in one day. I should be drinking 8 glasses of water daily right?

Free weights i will eventually start to use more often. At this point i wont to get my technique right before i start free lifting.

Squats, i cant quite do. Ive looked at charts that tell you how to do them properly, there is just something im not quite getting. Is there any important things to remember when Squating?

Thx again.

P.S The website is relly great!

P.P.S Constructive Criticism is the only way to learn. I probabely prefer it the most over any kind of learning.

I only drink water. So its a fair amount, i wouldn't say I drink heaps in one day. I should be drinking 8 glasses of water daily right?

Free weights i will eventually start to use more often. At this point i wont to get my technique right before i start free lifting.

Squats, i cant quite do. Ive looked at charts that tell you how to do them properly, there is just something im not quite getting. Is there any important things to remember when Squating?

Thx again.

P.P.S Constructive Criticism is the only way to learn. I probabely prefer it the most over any kind of learning.

8 glasses of water is NOT too much. It depends on your body weight, but most people day about a gallon of water a day is good. I myself usually don't get a gallon a day, it is just hard to get that much. You also get a lot of water from food though.

Thx again.

start really light until you get your form down
from my experience the only way i learn is from doing gradually your form will get better on everything the more you do it my form is a lot better from the first time i ever did any lift but im even still learning

Thx again.

that's good! You can drink more if you want, but 8 isn't bad.

You're spot on about the weight used on free weights. You have to learn the form before you start adding weight.

I think you can do squats! Some important things to remember are;
- move your ass and hips back like you're sitting in a chair before you move your knees
- keep your heels on the ground and use them to push through on your way up.
- go down as far as your flexibility allows while keeping good form
- posture has to be really good during a squat
- head high

If you don't like rippetoes/the squats and milk program there are other good ones you can use, but the squat is one of, if not the best lift for your body and i can tell you from experience that when i hurt my quad some of my other lifts suffered because i wasn't squatting.

Top Bottom