Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Resting - The right way.

Megadrink

Ive just started going to the Gym everymorning. Im just a begginner at this stage and have only found out that having day breaks are a very important part of your mass building strategie.

I will do upper body workout for an hour one day. And then lower body workout for the next. On the 3rd day is when i have my rest period and start again the following day on my upper body. -All based on the fact that it takes 48 hours for you muscles to regenerate.

Firstly i would like to ask is this technique considerd overtraining for a begginer?

And Secondly. How do you spend your resting day? I felt that sitting around and playing my Nintendo 64 was not the way to do it. Am i wrong?

Oh. And seeing as this is my first thred, heres a picture of this Chompy guy

:chomp:

And Secondly. How do you spend your resting day? I felt that sitting around and playing my Nintendo 64 was not the way to do it. Am i wrong?

Nothing wrong with N64! But the main thing you should be doing on your rest days is eating, and preparing food!

I also work on stretching and mobility (shoulders and hamstrings mainly) and do a bit of foam rolling (upper back and IT band mainly). That's it though, main thing to be doing on your rest days is resting (surprise surprise!)

Thanks citizenkane. I just wanted to be sure. Ill do some streches throuhout my resting days.

btw, is my workout plan to much for a Beginner? I also rest on Sunday now, so i fits in with my busy working Scehduale.

Modays. (This is all at 6:30 in the morning) I start by warming up on the punching bag.

And then in the wieghts room I begin on my Fore Shoulders (Dumbell raises) and in order. . . Go to Shrugs, Rear Shoulders (Bent over Dumbell raises) and then the Pecks with the machine where you squeeze in. (Dont know name) Lower back on the machine, pull down the bar towards you and have your body at a 45 degree angel. (Pecks and lower back i try and do a 40, 4th block down.) Then Triceps by lifitng the dumbell's, Hammer curls for Biceps. Both are at 15kg And finish up on the machine where you pull down the bar in front of you to work the area above your wrists.

Warm down on Punching Bag. Have shake when i get home. (As soon as possible)

I always keep the weight moderate and do about 10 reps for as many sets as 2. Anymore it becomes hard but it feels like its not enough. Should i lower the weight? And i always make an attempt to keep my shoulders back and chest out.

Tuesday - Legs day. Same warm up. But i kick the bag instead of punch it. Ive down abit of Kickboxing so i throw it some Round houses and front/rear left/rights.

To begin witht the legs I work on inner thighs, the machine where you pull your legs in. I can do this one pretty good to get about 15-20 reps 4 sets. On a good weight level. (I dont know how much it is but its the 10th block. The blocks after that are bigger but 10 seems like a good moderate weight.
Then i do sitting toe lifts and standing toe lifts on 100lb. just on 15 reps 3 sets. Then the hardest is the machine where you lay down and push the weights up with your legs. (Sorry about the intelligence level on the name of these excersices im still learning) I do it at 100lbs 15 reps. And by the third set my legs are quivering. Im thinking about lowering the weight level on that one.
Then i go to Leg Curl Machine at 30 (the 3rd block down) I Find i can only do 1 set of 15 reps because the Squat machine has completely had me. And thats the same with the machine where you sit facing outwards and raise the weights on the machine by lifting your legs up.
And then thats it, i warm down on the bag same way i warmed up.

Wed - rest

Thurs - Upper Body

Fri - Legs

Sat - Rest

Sun - Rest

-Reapeat-

I drink water but try not to have to much.

Your routine is not at all optimal.... I think finding EF is going to help your training A LOT.

I have to get going soon, so i don't have time to write an in depth response for you, but once i get home i'll edit this.

Your routine is not at all optimal.... I think finding EF is going to help your training A LOT.

I have to get going soon, so i don't have time to write an in depth response for you, but once i get home i'll edit this.

Ok thanks for that JDid23. Could you also tell me what EF means? It sounds worth finding

Top Bottom