Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Rest Pause technique

lol so many mixed messages.

i thought it was what cwick was talking about, but ill listen to bignate i guess
cause he has the word big in his name :heart:

you dont actually rest the weight on yourself. its more like 3 quick sets with only like 20 sec rest in between sets. did the dc program a while back and loved it. helped push me through some plateau's.

bignate73 said:
what are you guys talking about? you rest by racking the weight. then go again. if you guys are talking about static holds those are another story.
Ditto !!! I think you guys are mistakening rest pause for something else.

On the last set of a given bodypart when you reach failure you put the bar or dumbells DOWN (aka, rack the weight), rest for 10 - 20 seconds or whatever amount of seconds you choose, grab the bar or dumbell and do as many reps as you can. You repeat these mini sets about 3 times. You will not get many reps out, maybe 4, 3 or 2 and even 1. It adds a tremendous amount of intensity to the bodypart being worked. It is not for the faint of heart. Rest pause rocks.

A few different opinions on here of what "rest pause" actually is. Ive done similiar techniques before, where I reracked the weight and went at it again in a few seconds to get some extra reps. This is the version of "rest pause" I read about. It seems like a great technique, especially when you dont have spotters available. Ive used it on the smith machine doing incline presses, when I couldnt get a spot for the movement. It could be dangerous on the freeweight pressing movements without a spot, and if I had a spot available Id just go to failure. You could pause the weight on your chest too, but I wouldnt consider that much of a rest! haha

Dave949 said:
Ditto !!! I think you guys are mistakening rest pause for something else.

On the last set of a given bodypart when you reach failure you put the bar or dumbells DOWN (aka, rack the weight), rest for 10 - 20 seconds or whatever amount of seconds you choose, grab the bar or dumbell and do as many reps as you can. You repeat these mini sets about 3 times. You will not get many reps out, maybe 4, 3 or 2 and even 1. It adds a tremendous amount of intensity to the bodypart being worked. It is not for the faint of heart. Rest pause rocks.
so basically my entire workout consists of rest pauses?

jk i rest more about 30 seconds to a minute between sets but i guess thats still too short

Yeah, I was asking about racking the weight and then attacking it again 10-20 sec later for some extra reps.

Now, I did these the other day with BB curls after every set (Killer!) for 4 sets total, you think thats overkill?

I did my set of BB curls today DC style( 3 RP mini sets) and whoa these are awesome!! I got 14-15 reps RP and the bis are still pumped and jello-like 2 hours after the workout:)

Yeah, I can't believe I just found out about this technique a week ago. It's tempting to do it for every set ... pump/pain is amazing.

i dont rack the weight when i do my rest pauses, do a set of 3 with a one second pause at the bottom of each rep.

Top Bottom